AVP / Senior Associate, Cloud DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineering Services, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The Cloud DevOps Engineer will design, develop, test and deploy technologies and tools for the new container platform in DBS. In this role, you will be working with a team of SME from virtualization, network, storage, automation and public cloud to providing deep technical support for Docker and Kubernetes administration and application on-boarding and involved in building expertise and leveraging state-of-the-art DevOps tools and providing container services to DBS inhouse cloud application developers. The role also entails monitoring and ensuring performance, reliability, and security to meet our target SLA; troubleshooting production issues and coordinating with the development team to streamline code deployment. Responsibilities
- Design, develop and deploy the container platform and maintain and improve Kubernetes & Docker-based infrastructure
- Perform day-to-day administration tasks including maintenance, patches, upgrades and security configurations
- Find solutions to problems that disrupt the availability, performance, and stability of our systems, identifies issues proactively using required tools for all components, and assist in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Work in conjunction with the development and operations team to understand requirements for functionality, performance, and security of applications
- Explore and maintain an understanding of the internal architecture and client requirements to our applications
- Manage the processes of deployments using blue-green deployment pattern whenever possible
- Implement the tools and processes for monitoring servers and services and Help in application transformation to microservices and containerization
- Suggest ways to improve and reduce operational costs with adaptive performance tuning
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies, collaborate across the company
The candidate should have a minimum of 6-8 years' experience with a broad IT support background, covering Docker, Kubernetes, Infrastructure experience on server and networking and some development experience. We are particularly interested in experience of the following:
- At least 2 years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies - e.g. AWS and OpenStack.
- Operations or systems administration experience, particularly on Linux
- Broad knowledge of systems, servers, load balancers, storages, security, networking and some background in programming.
- Experience with container networking on Docker & Kubernetes
- Strong experience in managing high-load and auto-scaling production environment
- Programming experience in any scripting language (like Python)
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog is add on
- Familiarity with ELK stack and central log management
Ideal applicants should be used to dealing with escalated issues but may or may not have been focused solely on Docker/Kubernetes support. Apply Now
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.