Apps Support Analyst
The Apps Support Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. Responsibilities:
- The Apps Support Intmd Analyst provides technical and business support for users of Citi Applcations.
- Utilizes good understanding of apps support procedures and concepts and basic knowledge of other technical areas to field issues and queries from stakeholders, provide short-term resolutions and work with relevant technology partners for long term remediation.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how areas of apps support collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors
- Participates in disaster recovery testing
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- perform post release checkouts after application releases and infrastructure updates. Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Considers implications of the application of technology to the current environment.
- Analyzes applications to identify risks, vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Makes evaluative judgments based on analysis of factual information; resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions Cooperation with Development colleagues to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams.
- Exchanges ideas and information
- Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned in a concise and logical manner.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years experience
- Basic knowledge or interest about apps support procedures, concepts and of other technical areas.
- Participation in some process improvements.
- Previous experience or interest in standardization of procedures and practices.
- Basic Business knowledge/ understanding of financial markets and products.
- Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
- Understands of how own sub-function integrates within the function and commercial awareness
- Evaluates (sometimes complex) situations using multiple sources of information Developed communication and diplomacy skills to persuade and influence
- Good customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of the business and its technology strategy
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of issue tracking and reporting using tools
- Good all-round team member
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholder
Application Support Experience:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years + experience working in a prod support environment
- Experience in supporting a Production Supp or Operations group in a high availability / critical environment.
- Strong knowledge in ITIL practices in the area of Incident, Release, Change and Problem management.
- Experience in leading communications across business and technology partners at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise.
- Financial Markets Background, preferably in relation to core product management, operations or technology.
- Experience using Service Now or other similar issue tracking system
- Leadership skills: individual leadership
- Ability to produce clear, concise reporting
- Excellent strategic analysis, problem solving, issue resolution and decision-making skills
- Tact, discretion and subtlety
- Strong time management skills
- Experience working within an on-shore/off-shore support environment
- Ability to build positive relationships in a multi-cultural environment across all levels within IT
- ITRS monitoring tools exposure and experienced in handling ITRS gateways
- ITIL V3 Certification added advantage
- 3 y rs+ experience with Linux/Unix servers
- Experience writing Linux/Unix Shell scripts
- Good exposure with Linux/Unix commands Database
- Good exposures of MS SQL 2008 and higher
- Deep understanding in Oracle 11G, SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Good understanding knowledge in C, C#,.Net concepts.
- Strong Technical Skills in Core Java
- Technical understanding of Object oriencted language. Messaging
- Strong Technical skills in TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS)/Java Naming Directory Interface(JNDI) with 8.x.x version
- Good technical understanding on JMS concepts
- Good technical understanding and hands on experience with EMS / JNDI instance creation with/without SSL
- Connectivity Implemetation of EMS over SSL & EMS over TCP
- Strong technical skills and working knowledge on IBM MQ. Middleware
- Good experience with Strong Technical skills in Tibco Products.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks 5.x
- TIBCO EMS 8.x.x
- TIBCO BW Designer 5.x
- TIBCO Adapters
- TIBCO Administrator 5.x with Hawk Monitoring
- TIBCO MQ series Adapters
- TIBCO Business Events.
- Substantial technical acumen of Tibco protocols.
- Performance management of TIBCO domains, instances and components.
- One complete full project implementation with end to end using above TIBCO Tools.
- Installing, configuring, and testing TIBCO EMS, TRA, Administrator, Business works, Hawk, Adapters, etc.
- Good knowledge on TIBCO domains including resource management, security policy management, and application management
- Good knowledge on Configuration, deployment, and migrating TIBCO projects across different lifecycle environments using TIBCO Administrator GUI and scripted deployments. File Transfer
- Good Technical skills with understanding on IBM Network Delivery Module(NDM)/Connect Direct & SFTP Core Cash
- Strong Knowledge of Payments applications preferably in corporate banking . (SWIFT Message types, Collection, receivables , SEPA and Fast payments) Scheduling Tools
- Good understanding and working knowledge in Autosys or relevant batching tools Monitoring Tools
- Good understanding and practical working experience with ITRS(Geneos Tool) or relevant monitoring tools
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .