About the Company
Apex Group Ltd, established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With over 50 offices worldwide and 10000+ employees, Apex delivers a full suite of services to asset managers, capital markets, family offices and corporates. Apex administers over $1.1 trillion in assets globally.
This is an exciting opportunity for a young energetic lawyer to enhance his/her experience in Asia Pacific and the duties will include without limitation the following:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Be a trusted adviser and support Apex’s legal function to provide legal advice & strategy support in relation to the diversified business of Apex Group including its internal policies and matters in Asia Pacific. Primary jurisdiction in Singapore with extended support to other APAC jurisdictions including Hong Kong, mainland China and India as appropriate. Australia and New Zealand may be included upon request. General scope of work as expected from in-house counsel would fall within the coverage of this role.
- Support the Head of Legal in Asia Pacific on various projects, including Apex’s M&A projects leading to the successful integration with the M&A targets.
- Handle and advise on contracting including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating diversified contracts with clients and internal stakeholders. Design, develop and maintain contract templates.
- Handle litigations, arbitrations and regulatory investigations as well as working with enforcement agents in different AP jurisdictions as appropriate and manage external counsel. Keep abreast of the legal and regulatory changes and advise the Singapore practice and Asia Pacific practice of Apex Group as appropriate.
- Work closely with and advise Compliance Department on various compliance issues especially on AML, KYC, FATCA, CRS, and other compliance related requirements.
- Other tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Qualified lawyer (Singapore preferred or common Law jurisdictions) with at least 3 - 5 years post-qualification experience with success and stable track record. Inhouse legal experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and people management skill, excellent problem-solving and analytical capability, being able to work independently and working as a team player.
- Solid experience and proven track record relevant to Apex’s business
- An ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent English proficiency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application and we look forward to hearing from you.
Personal data provided by job applicant(s) will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be treated strictly confidential. Such personal data can be accessed by different Apex stakeholders within and out of Singapore for the consideration of the job application hereunder. Application made by the job applicant(s) constitutes the irrevocable consent of the job applicant for her/his personal data to be used by Apex stakeholders within or outside Singapore for the purpose of this recruitment.