Business Change Manager, Investment Trading
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
The Investment Operations Team is a central team within Investment, reporting to the Investment COO with a global remit. The team provides support to the other Investment Teams in the Schroders Asset Management Business and works with teams across Schroders to implement change. The team aims to enable business growth, support business as usual, make data improvements, manage risk and simplify the business.
As the Business Change Manager at Schroders, you are responsible for the project delivery of business change and investment support for the Dealing Desk. Reporting to the Business Change Manger based in London, with a dotted line to the Head of Investment Change, APAC, you are responsible for defining requirements and delivering improvements to Investment’s platform. You will work with the Trading Team in the analysis of current business process and workflow in order to identify strengths, weaknesses, potential efficiencies and best practice. You will design target processes and workflows to support the strategic vision of Investment. You will also have to work closely with senior management, asset class specialists and business change to design, agree and communicate any proposed changes. They may then work within a wider team to deliver the agreed business change or hand over to a separate delivery team for implementation.
- To provide support to the Investment Platform – Aladdin, by owning a business analysis stream for trading based in Singapore, covering the region, working closely with the global team to provide global comprehensive solutions to the investment functions.
- Assist in the definition of new business requirements and the design of new processes as well as to keep up to date with regulations and new instruments. Drive and facilitate investment business change across the global trading desks
- Work closely with the BlackRock Solutions teams on enhancements and defects identified
- Represent the trading capability priorities in global forums
- Support the regional dealing desks in their initiatives to further develop their Algorithmic capabilities as well as promote innovation among the investment teams to facilitate new initiatives such as robotics and machine learning within the trading desk.
- Facilitate the on-boarding of new Investment Systems, New Instruments & Process
- Consult and/or lead the organization design process for future organizational changes
- Chair monthly meetings with stakeholders and capability managers
- The understanding to use the appropriate methods and tools (i.e. Workshops, process flows, Visio) to achieve requirements capture and definition
- To analyse data and data files to understand what information is received or required
- To help users define user acceptance testing criteria and assist the user testing process
- Manage and maintain documents, project tasks, issues and risks log via SharePoint site
- Process mapping and design of related functions in a standardized format
- To identify risks, issues and weaknesses
- To identify key timings, dependencies, interfaces and human/technology interactions
- To work with IT and business to coordinate resources and implement proposed solution
- Take initiative and develop creative solutions for solving problems
- Analyse and summarize findings across all regions where applicable
Skills and Experience
- Ability to define and document business requirements to a high standard
- Experience with the appropriate methods and tools (i.e. workshops, process flows, Visio) to achieve requirements capture and definition
- Ability to document process using formal methodology such as BPML
- Experience working within a front office environment in an asset management firm
- Familiarity with broad range of investment products and instruments
- Experience of working with internal teams and third parties to ensure that requirements are met within agreed timescales
- Experience of full project life cycle including defining user requirements, defining test scenarios and user acceptance testing
- Good understanding of fund management business and processes
- Good inter-personal and organisational skills
- Good technical knowledge and ability to translate between IT and the business
- Ability to negotiate pragmatic solutions that meet conflicting business requirements
- Problem solving ability within a complex investment management environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
- Experience of robotics and machine learning
- Strong knowledge of trading systems, such as Aladdin by BlackRock, Charles River, Multi Asset execution management systems such as Triton, and FX all.
- Knowledge of Algo, electronic trading platforms and fix connectivity.