Business Solution Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understanding and analysing business needs in order to deliver solutions to the business
- Understand and verify Business Requirements
- Perform impact analysis
- Responsible for converting business requirements into functional specifications and ensuring solutions conform to business requirements
- Considers and defines the impact of technical change for business areas.
- Work with respective data experts, data sourcing teams and vendor subject matter experts:
- On data analysis and mapping
- To create data requirement specifications based on the data mapping exercise.
- To Identify any data gaps in the data warehouses or TP systems
- Work with Finance Operations and Transformation (FOT), Capital CoE, Change CoE, Enterprise Change Governance, Group Finance & Risk and Countries on business requirements and enhancements
- Work with the businesses to prepare test strategy, test plans, test cases & conditions
- Oversee all testing (Product Acceptance Testing, System Integration Testing & User Acceptance Testing) and troubleshoot reported BCRS problems (e.g. data error and Basel calculation errors, etc.)
- Liaise with Vendor and Business teams on testing, test results verification and production issues
- Co-ordinate with BCRS Production Support team and Operations team on any production batch run problems that are data or business functions related.
- Work closely with Singapore, Malaysia and Chennai T&I (Te chnology & Innovation ) teams to ensure that business required solutions are developed (in accordance with the bank's System Delivery Framework standards and processes) and delivered successfully.
Strong business analytical skills and strong communications skills (oral and written), people management, business requirements definitions, data analysis, functional specifications, test planning, functional testing, business training and post implementation support to business.
In addition, the resource should have:
- Strong project management skills with Basel II & III exposure
- Strong technical knowledge to understand the application, deliver solutions and be able to work with Development and Testing team
- Advantage with Fermat CAD or Risk Authority (RAy) system knowledge and experience
- Good understanding of Basel II & III, Risk Management and local regulatory guidelines (e.g. PRA, MAS, HKMA, CBRC, FSC, BNM, BOT, FSS, BaFin, SARB, CBUAE, etc)
- Familiarity with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile and Scrum Master methodologies. He/she had worked in at least 4-5 large projects.
- Knowledge and experience with a bank, similar financial institution or in a vendor environment supporting financial institutions
- Knowledge of the bank's Transaction Processing systems, data warehouses, and risk management related functionality
- Minimum 8 to 10 years working experience, preferably in Risk Management and/or Risk Finance environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish good working relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to share knowledge and work well in a team environment
- Advanced proficiency with analytical tools to examine and analyze data
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .