This uniquely positioned South East Asian, Environmental Impact Fund Manager, boasting an impressive, well networked, high profile, international team, are looking to recruit an experienced CFO / COO to join their Singapore Office and help manage the international operation.
We’re working with a brand new and exciting Impact Investment Fund, anchored by a leading global Asset Manager and working in partnership with an internationally recognised and world leading conservation focused NGO, initially targeting SE Asia environmental projects.
Based in Singapore and reporting to the CEO, the CFO will be responsible for the overall financial management of the business. In addition, the CFO will manage the formation, administration, accounting, tax, and audit service providers for its Private Equity Impact funds and will be accountable for fund financial reporting.
As a key member of the Senior Executive Team, the CFO will be involved in helping develop the business strategy, including new funds, and engage with fund investors (corporate and institutional). Experience working with regulators, specifically the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) is strongly preferred.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Build and deliver the finance, compliance, and operational strategy.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and increase the firms value proposition for its shareholders and for investors in its funds.
- Oversee all financial planning, analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Present financial and operational analysis to provide visibility on performance or support future business decisions internally.
- Create and maintain fund management accounts (working with third party fund administrators) and oversee the preparation of funds audited accounts.
- Supervise outsourced services providers including compliance, taxation, audit, and the internal and outsourced teams responsible for fund manager services and fund services, to ensure teams meet or exceed expectations.
- Ensure end to end finance support for fund life and underlying portfolio deal life.
- Supervise tax operations to determine tax strategies and ensure the timely and accurate filing.
- Support valuations, portfolio analytics and project performance reporting.
- Work with other members of the Senior Executive Team to attract highly motivated talent, ensure succession planning, and contribute to building our brand in the market.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- More than 10 years of relevant financial leadership experience, preferably relating to private equity or infrastructure funds.
- Prior experience working with regulators, specifically the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
- Strong competencies in business analytics, financial forecasting and modelling, budget management, risk management, taxation, controllership, financial reporting, and financial analysis.
- A high level of ethical, professional, and personal values.
- A strong strategic, commercial, and operational mindset with the ability to be a strategic advisor to the Senior Executive Team.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal qualities.
- Transparent communicator with a well-developed emotional intelligence and a high impact can-do attitude.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant/CPA/ACCA.
- Experience of Impact Investing or fund management in a senior management role is desirable.
So if you’re interested in this new, exciting and fast growing area of environmental impact investing in South East Asia and want to build a career in something that will make a real difference, please reach out to email@example.com to discuss your options and next steps.