CIO - Lead Engineer S4/HANA - Assistant Vice President
Position Overview Required Functional and Professional Expertise
Change and Transformation
- Candidate must have a broad enterprise technology background in support of SAP implementations,
- Development of integrated, detailed functional and technical designs and alignment of requirements with Deutsche Bank architectural standards.
- Experience in Financial Services industry with agile delivery model.
- Experience in leading, mentoring and developing others as part of large scale projects.
- Minimum 10 years of SAP experience handling large scale projects.
- Worked as Lead Functional FICO consultant at least for 2 large scale global projects.
- Lead the Functional design and prototype SAP S/4 HANA functionality for complex business requirements to assist the GL design team.
- Perform detailed analysis and reviews of process designs and system specifications contributing to SAP GL Platform stability.
- Experience in detailed analysis of issues in complex financial systems and performing detailed root cause analysis.
- Experience in Requirement gathering from diverse stakeholders and being able to translate them to technical teams.
- Requires strong communications and collaboration skills to provide and receive information relative to assigned projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills to handle complex deliverables, changing priorities and tight schedules.
- Strong SAP Functional integration expertise across systems
Development and integration
- Business Modelling: Conducts advanced modelling activities for significant change programmes and across multiple business functions. Has an in-depth knowledge of organisation-standard techniques. Plans own modelling activities, selecting appropriate techniques and the correct level of detail for meeting assigned objectives. May contribute to discussions about the choice of the modelling approach to be used. Obtains input from and communicates modelling results to senior managers for agreement.
- Business Analysis Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes. Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration. Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Requirement definition and management: Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity. Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source. Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence. Manages requests for and the application of changes to base-lined requirements. Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
- User experience and design implementation: Gather requirements, outline problem spaces, find opportunity for reuse, while defining effective user experiences. This will include: Running workshops, producing clear UX documentation, working with development teams through delivery, whilst constantly communicating with BA and Business stakeholders.
Delivery and operation
- Database design: Translates and implements simple development project requirements into physical database structures. Assesses proposed changes to object and data structures and implements these changes in physical databases. Assists in database management system support activities for operational database systems.
- Systems design: Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs and takes into account target environment, performance, security requirements and existing systems. Delivers technical visualization of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers. Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation. Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- Data analysis: Investigates corporate data requirements, and applies data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Programming/software development: Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Collaborates in reviews of specifications, with others as appropriate.
- User experience analysis: Identifies and engages with users/ stakeholders, defines relevant characteristics (e.g. "personas") and describes users goals and tasks (e.g. as "user stories"). Describes the environment within which the system will be used. Identifies and describes requirements of users with special needs (e.g. resulting from physical disabilities).
Skills and Quality
- Application support: Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Change management: Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem management: Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Release and deployment: Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken. May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Incident Management: Prioritises and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. Escalates unresolved incidents. Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Quality Assurance: Uses quality standards to review past performance and plan future activities. Conducts audits of quality requirements and produces audit reports. Monitors and reports on the outputs from the quality assurance and audit processes.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing and alternating priorities with a constant focus on delivery.
- Ability to balance business demands and IT fulfilment in terms of standardisation, reducing risk and increasing IT flexibility.
- Experience in IT delivery and architecture, application design and programming in a large enterprise working on mission-critical IT systems.
- Proven history of implementing technology roadmaps and providing subject matter expertise in specific technologies.
There are a number of common expectations that all experts should demonstrate over and above their technical/specialist contribution. These are also important for reinforcing our Deutsche Bank Values and Beliefs:
- Acts as role model for individuals aspiring to follow an expert career path by passionately promoting the merits of expert roles and the contribution of their Profession.
- Challenges the 'status quo' and influences key stakeholders to ensure industry best practice is adhered to within their area of expertise. Mentors individuals across the Bank who wish to follow an expert career path through sharing their experience, expertise and insight.
- Acts as training 'faculty' on key internal technical/specialist development program (NB Annual number of hours/days to be agreed at start of year with Manager in consultation with the Profession Owner).
- Designs innovative, sustainable solutions which are congruent with the strategic direction of the Bank. Challenges colleagues to do the same, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to deliver potential for higher levels of organizational performance.
- Builds, captures and manages the transfers of knowledge across the Professional community.
- Provides Profession Owners with input that shapes the curriculum.
- Defines and implements best practices, solutions and standards related to their area of expertise.
- Demonstrates thought leadership through seeking out opportunities to shape the agenda with Regulators, Government Departments and Professional bodies.
- Cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with stakeholders and clients by articulating the contribution, commercial impact and benefits of expert roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration, Information Systems or equivalent field preferred. Master's degree desired.
- SAP certifications are a plus
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.