COO - Technical Solution Architect - Vice President
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
COO - Technical Solution Architect - Vice President
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered – but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Deutsche Bank is a client-centric global universal bank. One that is leading change and innovation in the industry – championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other.
The Securities Services business works with financial intermediaries such as global custodians, broker/dealers and prime brokers and other institutional clients by providing custody, clearing & settlement, agency securities lending and fund services in more than 30 markets around the world, across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) brings together the vital Technology and Operations pillars of the Bank. We are structured to partner with business, infrastructure and regional partners in order to provide quality IT platforms and services, and market-leading client services and transaction processing for the Bank and its clients.
We are looking for a hands on and practical solution architect to joining the current Securities Services Transformation team in Singapore, helping in architecting solutions in relation to our existing application stack which consists of a combination of in-house built platforms and vendor products.
We are currently beginning an incremental modernization of our platforms to address much of the technical debt, which has built up over recent years, resulting in poor time to market for new initiatives.
The key success factor of the role is to deliver business benefit whilst building new modern and efficient solutions that incrementally replace any legacy components.
The architect will work closely with the technical delivery teams providing guidance and hands on support to ensure solid business outcomes with sound technical solutions.
- Capture, understand & be able to clearly articulate the current state architecture for Custody & Clearing and Funds Services.
- Understand the business demand in the context of the problem statement & business requirements requested.
- Define a modern, scalable and sustainable technology solution for securities processing across dozens of markets globally
- The solution must incorporate best-practice modern design patterns and technologies
- The solution must enable and support frequent agile deliveries and progressive replacement of the legacy environments, with no interruption to service
- Provide hands on engineering expertise to the development teams, delivering code when necessary.
Skill sets to include deep understanding and familiarity with the following or similar technologies
- Microservice designs and architectures (SOA, formal patterns etc)
- APIs and API frameworks (Glue/WSO2, Swagger, RAML, REST, Web Services etc)
- Security (OAuth, OpenId, etc)
- Scalable infrastructure models (Cloud, DB Fabric, Openshift, PaaS etc)
- Core programming technologies and tools (Java, JPA, Spring, OSGi etc)
- Non-core programme technologies & file based system processing- COBOL
- Data stores, persistence , caching (Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, HDFS and Hadoop tools, Hazelcast, memcache etc)
- Integration and messaging (JMS, Kafka, Mulesoft, Camel, Fuse etc)
- Streaming (Flink, Apache STORM)
The person in this role must be able to apply the right design pattern to each use case, and understand the implications for core principles
- Transactional integrity
- Failure and recovery
- Client data protection
- Transaction processing / streaming
- Reporting and MI
Experience and Exposure
- Demonstrable experience in similar architecture projects
- Proven ability to define solutions that are successfully into production for long-term benefits
- Communicating with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Appropriate domain expertise.
- At least 5 years' experience in the above, with overall at least 10 years' experience in delivering technology solutions.
Undergraduate Degree in Computer science / engineering from an accredited college or university.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.