COO - Trading floor desktop support - Associate
Position Overview Trading Floor Desktop Support Role
Our Trading Floor Desktop Support is part of the IT team responsible for Trading Floor and Corporate local desktop support. The job of the support engineer will be to provide day to day support to local users as well as some remote. This will involve recording, triaging and investigating issues. The Desktop support engineer will work closely with the application and network teams to understand the impact and root cause of issues. The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly when under pressure.
The Trading Floor Desktop Support Engineer is the first line of technical support from a technology perspective; the role requires technical proficiency, eager attitude, professionalism, and solid communication skills. The support engineer will need to enjoy working in a fast -paced environment with a demanding user base and must be passionate about delivering continuous improvement across technology. The individual must demonstrate problem-solving decision-making skills. Has a 'can-do' attitude and takes initiative. The support engineer will have to interface with multiple levels of trading floor users, management, VIPs and local technical staff. Main Responsibilities include:
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding /desktop support, printers, corporate mobile devices and LAN cable drops
- Hands on role where expected to provide 1st line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets
- To provide infrastructure administration functions
- Providing on-site cover as part of a shift arrangement
- Being prepared to work out of hours when required and to provide out of hours on-call support cover as required
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems (Workstations & Printers) to ensure longevity.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards, i.e. Windows 7, Windows 10, iOS, Microsoft Office365
- Working knowledge of AD, Exchange and remote control tools
- Working technical knowledge for applications such as Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon WebEx etc.
- Avaya Phones, Jabra headsets, Cisco Spark Video Conferencing devices, IPC/Dealer boards, Physical workstations and virtual desktops
- Power Shell, and VBA
- Experience in Microsoft MDT/SCCM is an advantage
- Experience in supporting mobile devices such as iPhone/iPad/Android mobiles/tablets, Macbooks etc
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Strong skills with Market data feeds such as Bloomberg and Reuters is mandatory
- Advanced Excel(macros), Powerpoint & Word knowledge is mandatory
- Strong Skill of Trading Turrets is desired
- Prior experience on Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks, Smartphones and Printers
- Collaboration experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge is desired
- Power Shell, and VBA knowledge is desired
- Deliverables to include ensuring the proper levels of run and maintain support and hands-on assistance for IT infrastructure projects /upgrades
- Thorough understanding of Outlook is desired
- Understanding of Exchange functional accounts and how they are used within Microsoft technologies
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and local language)
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Willingness to sometime work unsociable hours when required and to provide after-hours on-call support cover as required (Ad-Hoc Weekends & Public Holidays)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.