Chief Risk Office - Divisional Risk Manager, APAC Non-Financial Risk Management - Vice President
Position Overview Details of the Division and Team:
The purpose of the Non-Financial Risk Management (NFRM) function is to ensure that the bank's Non-Financial Risk exposure is adequately managed in line with the group wide risk appetite and NFRM framework.
To achieve this the NFRM function requires:
- Risk Managers with the experience, seniority and tools to assess complex risks and intervene where they lie outside the bank's risk appetite.
- A comprehensive, integrated, simple and easy to use NFR Framework with supporting technology that assists risk identification, assessment and remediation.
- Strong understanding of the businesses combined with regular engagement which would allow NFRM to provide support, review and challenge in line with the 3 Lines of Defence Model.
- Close coordination with all Second Line Risk Type Controllers to facilitate the production of a holistic view of NFR.
- Proper consideration of emerging risks, rather than just current issues.
- Effective governance combined with supporting MI that facilitates decision making.
NFRM is a matrix organisation with business / region and functional specialist axes.
The role a Divisional Coverage NFR manager has within NFRM is to work with key stakeholders in the divisions covered and manage NFR according to the 3 Lines of Defence model and the NFR mandate. Specifically, they perform independent oversight of the implementation of the Group's NFRM Framework within the Business Divisions covered and independently assess material risks and/or key controls (as required), providing challenge, approval or veto as appropriate. What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
The Divisional / Infrastructure Risk Manger APAC NFRM is an important role within the NFRM APAC Function with a specific focus on the risk portfolio for regional business/infrastructure coverage across APAC (Investment Bank, Corporate Bank, Wealth Management, DWS and Infrastructure Functions) based in Singapore.
The role reports to the APAC Lead Business Division coverage in Singapore, with NFRM being an independent risk function reporting globally to the Group Chief Risk Officer and locally to the APAC Chief Risk Officer.
The following duties are included in the day-to-day activities: Risk Management
- Support NFRM team and advise key Business and Infrastructure partners on all relevant NFR processes and tools, as required
- Contribute to manage NFR work stream of special projects
- Develop regional / local NFR Management Coverage Plan for the covered businesses.
- Monitor regional control environment and pro-actively manage deficiencies including timely escalation to management (i.e. SII/GFMS issues; OR event data quality and risk remediation)
- Escalate material or events and/or breaches as required. Providing challenge, approval or veto as appropriate for the Risk and Control assessment outputs as required.
- Assess key risks and controls e.g. Review lessons learned and approve risk acceptances
- Oversee the implementation of the NFRM framework within areas of responsibility e.g. perform relevant Level 2 (NFRMF) controls, as required by Policies, to quality assure the implementation of the NFR Framework.
- Support the completion of regulatory surveys, reporting and inspections on the topic of NFR
- Provide effective and demonstrable challenge to the risk owners and measure evidence of challenge and resolution
- Actively participate in regional governance processes to ensure soundness from a NFR point of view
- Conducting regular review meetings with key stakeholders / attend regional Governance forums
- Support the implementation of the lessons learned and read across process
- Support the management of Audit and Regulatory Findings within NFRM
- Support the production of regional/ business specific top risk analysis / risk profiles and represent NFRM in regional/ Business risk governance structure to be an integral part of the regional governance process in the organization
Your skills and experience:
- Develop and deliver regional/Business specific Non-Financial Risk training
- Promoting information flow (communication and reporting) to support appropriate NFR management awareness and knowledge (e.g. through education and training across the group).
- Support the regional divisional and infrastructure partners in implementing the NFR Framework
- Advise regional senior management and key stakeholders in NFR related matters
How we'll support you:
- Masters in Finance, Business or Economics
- Strong risk management and control background with good knowledge of commercial banking products and broad understanding of Investment Banking products
- Analytic, flexible problem solving mindset
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and ability to operate independently
- Excellent team worker, able to work in matrix organization
- Ability to share information, transfer knowledge and experience to team members and key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to Senior Management
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent Microsoft Office Products knowledge
- Proficiency in English language (oral and written)
- Experience in managing Non-Financial Risks or Risk Management associated activities as well as experience in any control or risk management activities for Commercial Banking and or Investment Banking is an added advantage
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.