Since launching in 1989, CMC Markets has become one of the world's leading online CFD and financial spread betting providers, with over 60 million trades executed annually across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America. CMC Markets’ success is founded on its ability to deliver a wide range of trading products to customers, from single equities to indices, currencies and commodities.
The position will focus on the execution of controls and tasks required in the Client Onboarding process, inclusive of account opening with a strong focus on ensuring that client identification documentation, name screening and data capture activities meet CMC Markets’ policies, standards, and applicable local legal and regulatory requirements. The role will also be responsible for supporting salespersons across different markets, covering both domestic and regional client accounts being a key player on the team to ensure that all information provided for the client is corroborated with supporting documentation as required by laws, regulations and CMC Markets’ policies.
- Responsible for processing new accounts and account maintenance across both the CFD and stockbroking business. Ensuring that every account is compliant with legislation and governance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review customer identification files and ensure all accounts satisfy the required standards including KYC, AML and appropriateness and sanctions checks before onboarding
- Perform due diligence new and existing clients
- Responsible for timely client account opening process
- Ensure all new client details are accurately updated in all relevant systems (back office, online trading platform)
- Uphold the highest standards of control, always keeping data integrity in mind while carrying out day-to-day tasks
- Stay relevant with the latest regulatory, policy and procedural requirements
- Share relevant information and liaise with stakeholders regarding new client accounts in a timely manner
- Raise higher risk matters or regulatory questions to the Financial Crime Compliance team
- To prepare and conduct training on client onboarding processes as required
- Deliver continuous operational improvements, in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the premium client managers to ensure a consistently high quality client experience
- Any other tasks assigned by the manager or department head
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of relevant client onboarding experience within Financial Markets (Retail Banking experience is helpful).
- You have deep understanding of customer identification regulations and requirements in Singapore
- Ability to analyse client information and documentation to facilitate account opening
- Degree in Business or Finance is helpful.
- Scrupulous attention to detail
- Experience of working in an administrative, client facing role, ideally within financial services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Basic understanding of stockbroking back office processes advantageous but not essential
- Process Improvement, identifying what needs changing and articulating the requirements to a business analysts or wider development team
- Operates with integrity and an exceptionally high client centric mind-set