Cloud Automation Engineer #099362
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse Asia
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
Cloud Automation Engineer #099362
As part of the Global Cloud Engineering team and APAC regional team, you will be part of a culture that pushes innovation, automation and promotes creativity for engineers. As a cloud engineer you will be working with a team that has a passion for infrastructure cloud related technologies. The work involves designing and prototyping iteratively with the Dell EMC reps, alongside our AppDev teams. The end product has to be robust, functional, flexible, high quality, allows for innovation and empowers our AppDev teams to deliver solutions quickly to our businesses.
We are looking for someone that is open to learning new technologies, likes to teach and learn from others, thinks automation first and subscribes to DevOps principles.
- You will contribute to the technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems.
- You will contribute to the formulation and maintenance of an enterprise-wide baseline of operating systems and software for the implementation, operation, and maintenance of a platform-as-a-service for a hybrid cloud compute model
- You will provide recommendations on the development of design, implementation, operations, user guides, and training materials.
- You will provide recommendations on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of IT systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Provides responsive advice, counsel, education and service concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry.
- You will perform integration of Operating System and COTS for custom in-house developed products.
- You will work on global projects/assignments but also act as the lead for APAC Specific projects/initiatives
- You will perform training for engineering and operations staff as required.
- You will perform full integration of DevOps tools that support continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- You will perform full integration of ITSM tools to track licensing, certificates, assets and compliance of permanent and ephemeral systems.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies, equipment and systems. You will keep current on laws, mandates, issues, practices and procedures.
- You will review and provide input to policies and standard operating procedures.
- You will develop technical documentation.
- You will communicate with other program personnel, government overseers and senior executives.
- You will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience with DevOps models, CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Puppet, Salt, Satellite or Ansible.
- Excellent engineering experience on Virtualisation, Linux, Windows and or ESX with strong background in network, security, storage and DNS.
- Optional but preferred experience using Cloud Management Platform on VMware vRealize Automation and Orchestrator, specifically blueprint and automation workflows.
- Experience working in Scrum or Kanban Teams.
- Team player with strong problem solving (RCA/Documentation) skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with working with global teams
- Experience with the public cloud is option and not a primary focus for this role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer information technology or equivalent.