About the Company
Apex Group Ltd, established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With over 50 offices worldwide and 10000+ employees, Apex delivers a full suite of services to asset managers, capital markets, family offices and corporates. Apex administers over $1.1 trillion in assets globally.
- Assist the Regional Head of Compliance with the implementation and enforcement of the Global Compliance Strategy & Programme in APAC
- Report to the Head of Compliance in Singapore to ensure that the Singapore Office is fully compliant with relevant laws and regulations
- Provide support and guidance to the senior management and Business in Singapore and APAC (if applicable) to ensure that regulatory risk, including Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing is appropriately and adequately managed. Advise on AML due diligence, PEP, and sanction checks on client and investor files
- Perform horizon scanning and analyse proposed legislative and regulatory developments to monitor impact and conformance with the applicable laws and regulations
- Assist in developing and reviewing the Compliance systems and controls to ensure they remain up-to-date and meet current statutory and regulatory requirements, which includes enhancing the controls and procedures where necessary
- Implement and/or follow up on recommendations made by internal or external audits and the regulators, regarding compliance risks
- Support the Head of Compliance in Singapore in the implementation, periodic review and update of Compliance Policies for the SANNE/APEX entities in Singapore and APAC (as appropriate) to include any updates in group policy and local regulation
- Assist with integrations between APEX and SANNE in APAC
- Ensure adequate arrangements in Singapore for Compliance awareness and training, in line with current legal and regulatory requirements
- Assist and provide Compliance advices/services to Clients as directed (such as Cayman funds) gradually transiting to the Second Line of Defence
- Act as MLRO/Deputy MLRO as appropriate and DPO
- Support Board and Group Reporting and other tasks as appropriate
Skills / Experience
- 3-5 years experience
- Industry recognized AML & Compliance qualification (ACAMA certification will be helpful)
- Sound understanding of multijurisdictional financial services regulation and AML guidelines
- Knowledge and experience in alternative asset and corporate administration services
- Understanding of global corporate structures
- Reliable, adaptable, motivated and driven with an ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate, engage and build relationships across the organization and externally;
- Organized and self-disciplined. Ability to work independently as well as in a team
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application and we look forward to hearing from you.
Personal data provided by job applicant(s) will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be treated strictly confidential. Such personal data can be accessed by different Apex stakeholders within and out of Singapore for the consideration of the job application hereunder. Application made by the job applicant(s) constitutes the irrevocable consent of the job applicant for her/his personal data to be used by Apex stakeholders within or outside Singapore for the purpose of this recruitment.