Compliance Stream Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Act as the projects Compliance and Regulations technology subject matter expert (SME) working with the project team and within Group Compliance to:
- Be the go-to person for group-wide Technology related queries (in this case data centre migration);
- Collaborate with wider CFCC teams (e.g., Retail/CCIB/Functions Compliance, Privacy, CDO) where necessary to incorporate any business specific regulatory considerations/requirements/restrictions; specifically around cross border data
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of financial regulations relating to data centre
- Partner with all other risk owners (legal, OR, audit, etc) where necessary
- Act as the point person and work with in-country compliance officers
People and Talent
- Support and advise TS and T&I stakeholders on controls that must be embedded within processes, and advise on restrictions with regards applications, data and systems, considering regulatory obligations and industry leading practices that prevent migration from Hong Kong to Singapore.
- Live the values and behavior of the Bank.
- Demonstrate qualities of good team player;
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders and encouraging team collaboration.
- Act as 2 nd line of defence, support 1 st line to manage regulatory risks pertaining to data centre
Regulatory & Business Conduct Other Responsibilities
- Support Head, Compliance, Technology, Project on governance committees' meetings (where applicable).
- Provide reports to Head, Compliance, Technology, Project, senior management and relevant Group and Business risk and control committees on key compliance risks and issues relating to Technology, specifically the Data Centre Migration.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group / Regional / Country CFCC
- Group / Regional / Country CIO / COO / Business Heads
- Risk Functions (e.g., CISO / CISRO, Operational Risks, Legal, Audit, etc.)
- Technology Services Domain Heads
- Programme Director and Accountable Executive
- Understanding of regulatory landscape and requirements with respect to Technology globally, and in particular data centre is preferred
- Previous Project Management experience would be preferred
- Knowledge of products and/or businesses operations within financial institutions would be preferred
- Prior experience in a financial regulatory authority would be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in areas such as operational risk management, information security
- A methodical and meticulous individual with the ability to multi-task and lead a function
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with Senior Executives of the Bank across different ethnic and culture
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, sometimes demanding environment
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence, and resilience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.