Contract Staff (Senior), Database Administrator, Tech Services, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Establishes configuration standard and design guideline for database software, covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Provides technical assistance to development team and operation teams for database systems.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management and IMS management. Performs root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Leads and controls the delivery of outsourcer technical team of middleware and database support personnel.
- Ensures the supportability of database software systems. Plans and leads upgrade projects.
- Reviews and approves change requests. Supervise execution for major change
- Conducts performance analysis and tuning
- Automates system operation
- Tracks and drives patch management for all database software. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Establish backup and recovery procedures
- personnel. Perform regular access review and validation.
- Establishes adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provides operational excellence and skills on databases to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations).
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers.
- Supports audit and compliance activities.
- 5 years of production support experience as DB2
- Solid DB2 9.7/10.5 experience including build, general administration, troubleshooting (Break/Fix) and performance tuning skills
- SQL & Database Level performance tuning skills
- Good practical understanding of Oracle / MSSQL 2012/2014 database management
- Experience in Clusterware (GRID Infrastructure) - CRS management and configuration
- Skilled in Oracle ASM and Dataguard administration
- Demonstrable experience of managing high-performance, high-capacity databases in a critical production environment.
- Expertise in backup and recovery and migration using RMAN, datapump and export/import.
- Experience in maintenance and management of databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Experience on Solaris, Linux and AIX OS including strong shell scripting skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic & analytical skills.
- Strong initiative and sense of ownership.
- Expert knowledge of database scripting and automation technology
- Operating Systems (AIX/Solaris/Linux/Windows)
- Databases (Oracle/DB2/MSSQL)
- Scripting (Shell/Perl/Puppet)
- 24/7 stand-by support
- Weekend & Public holiday shift
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.