Credit Risk Analyst
Our client a Global Bank based here in Singapore is seeking a Credit Risk Analyst to support the APAC business. You'll manage the credit settlement risk for assigned countries across APAC, monitoring their credit ratings, settlement exposures and recommending actions such as ratings, collateral and initiatives to support business. Incumbent will work closely with internal and external stakeholders including Country Management, Franchise Management, Merchant Services and Treasury. The Position:
- As the subject matter expert on client and country risk, you will actively engage with internal and external senior executives to contribute to strategies that support business growth while advising on solutions to address risk concerns.
- Conduct credit risk assessments, monitor client risk exposures based on analysis of financial statement including balance sheet structures and strategies, loan portfolios, off-balance sheet transactions and liquidity management.
- Research and analysis of institutional and sovereign risk, credit ratings issued by rating agencies, financial modeling and knowledge of banking systems, economic and political status of assigned markets.
- Lead client due diligence reviews through interaction with client senior management, and provide assessment of client's financial performance and management.
- Ongoing monitoring of client exposures to ensure collateral shortfalls are highlighted and rectified timely.
- Make reports / presentations to senior management and at client risk conferences.
- Good Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Engineering. Degree in other fields will be considered.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in analyzing bank / non-bank financial institutions, counter-party credit risk or corporate credit risk gained with a reputed financial institution.
- Experienced in directly interacting with Financial Institution clients and large-tier Corporates.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Mature, able to work independently to drive strong initiatives. Good team player able to work collaboratively with the rest of the team regionally and globally.