Data Analyst, Control and Metrics (Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Ba nk of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Data Anlalyst
in the Data Management team! !
To pursue its ambition to become a data-driven company, BOS is looking to empower each users of the organization with self-service reporting capabilities. As part of this data transformation, BOS has set-up an Hub & Spoke Organization: Data Hub is a central team managing the tools, governance, methodology and knowledge sharing among the various business Data Spoke from all departments (Finance, Risk, Compliance, HR, Marketing).
The Control and Metrics Data Analyst will support the Chief Data and Innovation Officer in delivering the Bank of Singapore Data Strategy. The strategy includes enterprise wide implementation of the Hub & Spoke data organization, Data Quality framework, the data science blueprint and will combine domain, organizational and industry skills with analytical tools and communication tactics, to help the Bank achieve low total cost of ownership (TCO) and rapid return on investment (ROI) for its Data Hub initiatives.
Having good quality data enables us to drive our business and, more importantly, deliver the best for our clients. As the Control and Metrics Data Analyst, you are part of the Data Hub team on the mission to accelerate the adoption of data analytics tools and best practice across the organization through the following core activities:
- leading the reports or EUCs migration analysis to the Data Analytics Platform;
- assist to establish the report and metrics ownership and governance process, and
- operationalizing the Data Quality Monitoring Tool for the Data Analytics Platform.
1. To create and define the Report and Metrics Inventory:
- Engaging the spoke to identify the use of these reports/EUCs and define the data or metrics inventory
- Identify and define the sourcing gaps or metrics requirements to the Data Engineers and Spokes
- Collaborating within the Data Hub or with the wider Data Family Community to recommend the To Be Dashboard design
2. To assist in creating and establish the report and metrics ownership procedure
- Ensure proper documentation of each metric aggregation (include definitions, formula, methodology, python code)
- Identify and propose the possible owners for each report or metric to Data Governance
- Define the data quality control requirements on these metrics (Timeliness, Accuracy, Completeness, Integrity, Validity and Consistency)
- Support the metrics owners in implementing the procedures and control requirements
3. To operationalize the Data Quality Monitoring Tool for the Data Analytics Platform
- Verifying the output of the Tool Proof of Concept
- Acts as the catalyst to increase the adoption rate of the tool especially by the data custodians
- Key member for future implementation of new data sources into this tool
- Work with Data / Process Owners to define, document, and maintain Data Quality rules
- Collaborate with Data Custodians to implement standards and Data Quality rules at appropriate points of measurement.
- University graduate with at least 10 years of experience with strong analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of a bank's technical & data infrastructure ; understanding of metadata and data quality requirements
- Experienced in change management and data management processes
- Strong ability to understand discrete process steps and data flow, determine root cause and source of remediation to address Data Quality issues
- Ability to work independently, interface and execute with a sense of urgency and deliver tasks effectively
- Proactive, self-motivated and proven ability to use own initiative and judgment and take lead to work with internal stakeholders in a positive manner and help deliver solutions that benefit the business
- Proven ability to operate effectively at all levels in a collaborative manner
- Good interpersonal skills, situational awareness and emotional intelligence
- Problem Solving through proper structuring, framework, and application of data driven approach
- Autonomy, intellectual curiosity, and taste for innovation
- Proficient in coding language (Python, R, SQL), Excel, and Powerpoint