Data Quality, Associate/Assistant Dir/Assoc Dir
Job Description Work as part of the Data Operations Group responsible for managing the critical processes that ensure the accuracy and timely delivery of vital financial data for the company's credit and financial risk measurement tools and related software applications. Analyse data processing, complex credit risk and financial models, and calculations that feed into the company's credit risk measurement and management products. Analyse data from potential data providers. Provide team oversight for published documentation designed to inform and assist current clients and prospective clients of the company's data offerings. Manage the resolution of issues involving financial data errors during data processing and calculations. Coordinate closely with Engineering, Support and Development teams to resolve any issues in data processing. Utilize advanced database management tools including MS SQLServer, Postgres, and coding languages including T-SQL, R, C, and Python
The successful candidate will be able to meaningfully contribute to at least one of the two roles below:
Data Analysis: Understand trends in model input and output to help identify potential problem areas on a macro scale. Contribute in building visualization to help understand and communicate these trends. On a micro level understand model inputs and show ability to pinpoint individual problems in a company's financial data that may cause inaccuracies or inconsistencies. Experience in accounting/statistics is a plus here.
Automated Data Quality: Understanding complex data operations process from an engineering standpoint and how to build automated data quality processes around this. Ability to understand and contribute code here is just as important as the analytical skills required to spot potential data issues.
We're looking for a resourceful top performer who is passionate about data and technology and interested in learning about financial risk management. You should have excellent data analysis skills with the ability to dissect data effectively and ask the right questions. You should also have the capacity to solve difficult problems while being able to take on multiple projects and see them through to completion. The ideal candidate will be extremely flexible who has a demonstrated record of driving improvements to existing processes and helping build new ones.
- Work with our Global teams to provide support
- Support and resolve data issues with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Optimize existing processes.
- Enhance existing data pipelines and build new ones. Build data sets for multiple software products
- Collaborate with our Research, Support, Product Management and Application Development teams as well as external data providers.
• Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Degree in Financial Engineering, Economics or related quantitative field plus relevant experience (min 2 years) in data quality related field. Masters degree or additional experience with progressive responsibility and proven track record a plus.
• Must have experience with advanced database management tools like Postgres, SQL server, and coding languages including T-SQL, P/L SQL, R, Python, etc
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.