Delivery/Development Manager - Credit Risk IT
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Design, Development and Testing of in-house solutions and integration with vender products
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Software Architects, Testing team and Business stakeholders to deliver quality software into production.
- Assist System Testing, Functional Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Own the delivery of the changes in production and provide 3rd level support.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department and projects.
- Play an active role in defining and improving the project and the application.
- Provide project managers weekly status updates and assist in daily project monitoring to ensure deliverables match the schedule.
- Direct interaction with business users will be very frequent and hence the person have to be good in managing stakeholder expectations
- A Bachelor's degree in a numerate subject (e.g. science or engineering degree).
- A motivated self starter with ability to multitask but requires minimal supervision to meet challenging targets.
- Able to operate both independently and as a team player with collaborative attitude.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Maintain high productivity in a fast paced environment showing effective prioritization skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven exposure over a number of years of large project/programme involvement in financial markets.
- Excellent Java knowledge and experience in developing scalable, multi-threaded applications
- Experience of developing microservice in java.
- Experience of developing 12 factor apps.
- Good knowledge of dev ops tools like Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, Ansible, Artifactory, and UpGuard
- Good understanding of ELK stack.
- Understanding of Cloud based deployment strategies and tools like OpenShift, Kubernetes, public cloud.
- Knowledge and experience of working on streaming based solution like using Kafka.
- Good understanding of OO design principles and patterns.
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, and Messaging middleware
- Experience with XML technologies (XML, XSLT, Web Services and JAXB)
- UNIX and Windows development experience.
- Able to communicate designs using UML and familiarity with 4+1 architectural view.
- Knowledge of full implementation life cycles.
- Understanding of SQL queries and database objects
- 10+ years of working experience within a banking/financial markets technology environment.
- Understanding of current technologies employed by Tier 1 Investment Banking Institutions
- The candidate should have knowledge of counterparty credit risk exposure measurement (e.g. PFE) and credit risk monitoring processes, although there is scope for developing domain knowledge on the job.
- Experiences with Agile methodologies and Test-driven development
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .