DevOps Practitioner / Automation Expert (Chief Data Office)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 12 Jul 18 2018-07-12
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As part of the CDO Governance and Release organization. SCB is seeking a DevOps Practitioner / Automation Expert based in Singapore.
The candidate should have a passion for quality delivery, Agile and automation in all its dimensions and possess a strong knowledge of DevOps and Agile delivery practices, as well as a disciplined approach to planning, execution, and reporting.
We are seeking a talented and motivated DevOps practitioner to roll out continuous deployment across the department projects. The candidate must be a skilled professional who has prior exposure to software development practices and methodologies.
The candidate will be expected to aid in a program to bootstrap DevOps/automation within project teams. The successful candidate will be engaging directly with project teams to help implement automation of project releases, as well as educate and guide team members.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with project teams and DevOps leads to implement continuous deployments
- Collaborate with core DevOps and Testing teams to build and enhance a continuous delivery pipeline;
- Collaborate and support operations team;
- Constantly analyze and improve the performance and quality of the product and team;
- Able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements;
- Aid in the successful implementation of Agile practices and tools;
- Ensuring that all release cycles follow the release governance set and utilize automation from start to end including test automation and test management
- Ability to solve complex software development/design issues using clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Values working in a team
- Has a large appetite for performance enhancements and automation
- DevOps toolchain experience: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory;
- Experience in managing and setup up GIT repositories and knowledge of GIT workflow
- Configuration and deployment tools experience - ie. Ansible, Chef, or Puppet;
- Strong Scripting and technical capabilities - ie. Shell, Python, Ruby, and / or JS
- Experience in Hadoop, Teradata hands on skills
- NoSql databases
- Prior experience in BIG Data operations or similar experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.