- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
Digital (APAC) – Head of Open Banking and API
Digital (APAC) – Head of Open Banking and API
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18032213
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We're looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, lives our Values and Delivers Results.
Overview of the Role
Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) organization serves the GCB global suite of products providing a full range of innovative and comprehensive set of services. Our businesses also offer industry-leading advanced technology, a strong worldwide presence and a powerful global franchise.
Reporting to the Global Consumer Bank Technology Head of Asia, EMEA Digital, the Asia/EMEA open banking and API Head is responsible for leading the Asia/EMEA API, Open banking and middleware teams servicing all 17 Asia/EMEA markets and will also partner with the wider global open banking competencies to accelerate Technology's agenda of providing Cards as a service, Bank as a service and building state of the art open banking platform and tools to enable partnerships at scale.
Enhancing open banking and APIs to accelerate delivery of key initiatives against business goals, including:
- Design and build scalable technology solutions to enable Open banking and APIs in line with business priorities and requirements
- Conceptualize and work with business product managers, architects, infosec and other technology teams to identify API / Open banking assets' technical, functional and process improvement needs and prioritize the same
- Engagement with senior managers and global, regional and country heads across business, technology, legal & compliance, information security officers etc.
- Identify new design patterns and core framework upgrades for current requirement or future roadmap and work with architects to define the solution approach.
- Review framework, NFR and new design patterns / capabilities introduced in the product
- Improve systems and BAU processes to achieve better operational efficiency
- Project and burndown chart reviews, work with stakeholders to remove impediments for the team
- Implementing a test & learn approach
- Team management, including vendor and Citi staff across different geographies. Manage resource plans and skillset rotation based on changing technology landscape
- Attracting and developing new and existing talent to meet our internal and external customers' needs and ensure forward sustainable success
- Promote and grow a highly innovative and industry leading open banking team and culture for APAC/EMEA
- Ensuring laser focus on developing and maintaining the organization's competitive advantage
- Minimizing disruption to BAU activities that are working well today
- The ideal candidate will come from an international organization, and be a global visionary leader in engineering/technology who will drive priorities while balancing risks, capital allocations, and change complexities throughout the enterprise
- 10-15 years of demonstrated Sr. Technology Leadership roles in the financial industry or a related field with a strong understanding/focus on digital technologies to include middleware integration; scrum/iterative application development, web oriented architecture, API strategy and Cloud computing
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field; Master's degree preferred
- Experience building consumer facing applications and virtual technologies expertise is preferred. A rounded knowledge of all aspects of the technology stack in a large scale, complex organization is critical
- Successful track record as a change leader in a large and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to take an organization from a perspective of legacy technology to a position of industry leading technology innovation.
- Possess a track record of transforming a global business through strong execution and delivery
- Strong talent focus and ability to successfully recruit and develop experts from leading organizations across the globe
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire others to deliver on an ambitious, complex, global roadmap
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the most savvy business / executive leader
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the major line of business activities within a large global financial institution. Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles