Digital PEX Solution Design Specialist
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 21 Jan 18
Can you design best-in-class process automation solutions? Then we need you to help deliver large-scale digital transformation programs across UBS.
The digital solution design specialist leads an important part of digitizing and automating business processes by designing solutions that can significantly improve client and employee experience as well as increase straight-through processing. You do that by working closely with process analysts, SME's and IT counterparts translating current state challenges into future state solutions and detail out the corresponding specifications and requirements. During the diagnose and design stage, this means you'll enjoy challenging status quo and take pride in finding the most optimal solution to improve performance. During implementation, you shift more towards the role of the problem-solver who ensures timely and high-quality delivery from all involved parties.
Your key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate actively with process analysts and partner with business engagement leads to design implementable technical solutions that leverage process automation technologies
- Co-design and validate future state processes that are compatible with future state digital solution
- Provide expertise in defining the best solution options for any given opportunity
- Support business case development by helping to size the opportunity implementation effort and cost
- Develop solution design specifications to UBS standard for digital solutions
- Troubleshoot and manage problem solving during the solution build and test phases
- Team leadership and management support of digital configurators incl. external vendor resources
- Build thought leadership and expertise around best-practice digital solution design and implementation
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Sitting within GCOO COO, you'll be working as part of the Process Excellence team (PEX team), which acts as a center of competence for process (re-) design and optimization work across UBS, with tools to deliver continuous front-to-back efficiency and to lead lean transformations. The team consists of experienced change professionals operating globally from multiple UBS locations.
The Digital Process Excellence team is part of the wider PEX CoE, and acts as a global centre of competence for process digitalization and robotics automation initiatives across UBS. With proven methodologies, tools and capabilities, the practice supports large-scale digital transformations across the bank.
Your experience and skills
- Technical expertise/qualification (e.g. degree or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience in systems analysis, solutions architecture, or senior design-focused software development roles required
- Experience with process improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience with configuring Robotic Process Automation tools (e.g., Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, Cicero OpenSpan) - Automation Anywhere experience strongly preferred
- Experience with object oriented programming languages (e.g. C++, Java) preferred
- Experience in process modelling, requirements engineering (e.g. UML, BPMN 2.0) preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: technical business analysis, agile software development methodologies, UBS systems and infrastructure
- Able to travel depending on project needs
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.