Director, Portfolio Management & Operational Risk
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- ALS Recruit , EA Licence No: 16S8075
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
Our client is an established firm that focuses on arranging project and structured asset-backed financing. The role is based in Singapore.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the incumbent will be primarily focused on managing a portfolio of project and structured asset-backed finance transactions in the infrastructure, offshore marine and shipping sectors with a secondary focus on leading the operational risk function for the firm.
The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day ongoing credit risk management of closed transactions and will have exposure on the execution of new transactions from time to time. On the former, the individual will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring of transactions, preparation of portfolio and credit reviews / updates / waiver requests, portfolio reporting and presentations to senior stakeholders, input on portfolio stress testing, provision of risk inputs into loan provisioning in accordance with IFRS 9 requirements, and maintenance of credit files to an auditable standard. On the latter, the individual will participate, when required, in the due diligence process, development and sensitizing of financial projections, input on structure and documentation, and development of credit approval write-ups (all jointly with the business team and with the support of other risk team members).
- At least 7-10 years’ experience in credit analysis and/or portfolio management of project finance and/or asset-backed finance transactions
- Strong analytical and credit skills, with a solid understanding of key credit and structuring risks in project finance transactions
- Comfortable working with structured loan documentation and term sheets
- Experience in building and/or analysing excel-based financial projection models
- Knowledge of corporate and project finance credit rating methodology
- Understanding / knowledge of IFRS 9 and operational risk matters would be an advantage
- Mind-set of questioning and cross-checking information, with a solutions orientation on new transactions (going beyond identification of risks)
- Ability to form a credit view and defend that view, while being open to the views of others
- A good team player with the ability to demonstrate initiative and work well with minimal supervision and within tight timeframes
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A good team player with the ability to work well independently within tight timelines and to multi-task
- Strong interest and ability to train and mentor junior staff
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org