- Standard Chartered has announced ambitious targets to reach net-zero carbon emissions from its financed activity by 2050, including interim 2030 targets for the most carbon-intensive sectors. The Bank has also announced plans to mobilise USD300 billion in green and transition finance by 2030.
- We are seeking an individual with strategic mindset, enthusiasm, strong project management experience to support the enablement of the Sustainable Finance and Net Zero agenda. The individual will play a key role in managing enablement and other strategic initiatives, driving the coordination across CCIB businesses and functions to ensure Sustainable Finance and Net Zero are effectively integrated across the Bank. This role will have a strong focus on digitisation, automation, and functionality design, representing Sustainable Finance to provide business requirements and input across the bank's operations, processes and systems, with an aim to embed Net Zero, mitigate green-washing risks and drive efficiency.
- The individual will work closely with the SF Head of Strategic Initiatives and SF Head of Enablement to track and manage key workstreams and projects aligned with the Sustainability / Environmental and Social Risk Management agenda.
- Review Book of Work and develop strategic initiatives related to regulatory developments, digitisation, and E&S risk areas, such as taxonomies, end-to-end product processing, and risk enablement and embedding.
- Track and manage delivery of SF strategic initiatives related to SF and Transition Finance revenue tracking, Green Taxonomies and ESG risk enablement and embedding.
- Act as "business owner" to oversee the end-to-end of delivery of initiatives, ensuring that solutions built are fit-for-purpose and value-accretive.
People & Talent
- Drive automation and digitisation across SF, CCIB and the Group, enabling the business to operate effectively and efficiently in delivering the Bank's sustainability agenda and NZ commitments.
- Support the operationalisation of the Bank's Net Zero program, including operating model design and digital solution delivery.
- Effectively co-ordinate with stakeholders across the banks to ensure deliverable timelines and milestones and met.
- Develop relevant processes to limit risk within Sustainable Finance (including Greenwashing and Operational Risk).
- Develop robust governance structures to support Sustainable Finance business alignment with relevant frameworks.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Head of SF Strategic Initiatives
- Head of SF Enablement
- Head of ESRM
- CCIB COO Functions
- CCIB Frontline Sales
- Climate Risk
- Legal and Compliance
- CFO, Sustainable Finance
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- University degree.
- 7+ years' experience in banking, processes and products.
- Knowledge of environmental, social and governance themes, issues and topics.
- Global awareness of environmental and social trends to examine and detect trends at industry / regional level.
- Knowledge of banking products such as (not limited to) trade finance, transaction management, lending, financial markets, and bank processes and credit risk.
About Standard Chartered
- Project Management
- Knowledge of deal lifecycle and client management.
- Knowledge of key systems and processes across CCIB, especially Client Coverage.
- Data analytics
- Sustainable Finance and / or Environmental and Social Risk Management.
- Business Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers