ED/SVP , Cloud Architect (Digital Platform) Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
In our digital transformation journey ahead, we intend to build loosely coupled but tightly aligned components that are built expecting to be reused while anticipating change.
All of our applications must adopt common services, platforms, architectural principles, and design patterns.
As engineering teams design and build new capabilities & features, they need to begin with an end-state vision of how their applications will operate within this architecture and then, engineer them accordingly.
This sets a common set of parameters and tools for software development and provides a consistent approach to security, maintainability and reliability. In addition, architectural agility has a causal relationship with potential strategic and operational benefits.
The Platform Architect is responsible for enabling the above ambition and driving the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future enterprise business strategy. Responsibilities:
Technical Skills & work experience Bachelor's degree or higher, foreign equivalent, or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or a related technical field with at least 10+ years of relevant professional work experience designing, executing and supporting IT solutions;
- Contribute materially to a well-informed cloud strategy and manage our Cloud Adoption Model
- Provide technical leadership to Hybrid Cloud Team including project planning, delegation, and cross-functional project co-ordination
- Serve as a cloud Subject Matter specialist for executing and overseeing cloud computing strategy for digital transformation
- Be responsible for mapping cloud adoption plans, application design, and cloud management and monitoring
- Manage application architecture requirements and operation in cloud environments
- Provide expertise to advise digital product teams to architect, build and deploy next-generation cloud solutions
- Work directly with stakeholders to comprehend solution problems and identify opportunities for the usage of cloud infrastructure, platform, and computing
- Offer guidance in application migration techniques including hybrid cloud, lift & shift, etc.
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, services, hardware, and software as well as occasionally create and implement Proof of Concepts (POC)
- Build and work with DevOps tool chains and processes
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Regularly evaluate and recommend emerging cloud applications and services, hardware, and software to improve service, reduce cost, and scale better
- 5+ years of experience in building cloud-native solutions using event-driven and microservice architectures
- Cloud Architect certification with various Public Cloud technologies preferred
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of cloud-native architecture, microservice architecture, reactive/event-driven architecture, design thinking, user experience, data analytics, security, and DevOps/CI/CD principles
- Familiarity with mobile application development, ability to build applications using microservices architecture, and capacity to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Technical knowledge of methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, and DevOps; Frontend technologies such as React, Angular, AngularJS; backend such as Node, Express, Koa, Java;
Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, and graph databases;
Performance monitoring such as AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, New Relic; and Cloud Infrastructure, including AWS, Apache, NGINX, Chef, Puppet, Docker, GitHub, Jira; others: SSO, SAML, SFTP, load-balancing, auto-scaling, and automated testing
- Working knowledge of fundamental networking, security, and systems engineering concepts such as TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, Load Balancing, and SSL; understanding of scripting or programming languages such as shell script, Perl, Ruby or Python
- Practical knowledge of Infrastructure as Code solution such as Ansible, Puppet, and Chef,
- Hands-on experience in cloud provisioning tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, and experience in Linux operating system
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems
- Virtualization technologies including hypervisors and containers (Docker etc)
- Experience building and operating production SaaS services, especially large-scale.
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar a plus
- Experience with monitoring or observability tools
- Mentorship and code reviews
- Need to be an exceptional builder of great people
- Highest standards of Collaboration & Teamwork are critical to this role
- Strong communication skills & ability to engagement senior management on strategic plans, leading project steering committees and status updates etc.
- Excellent problem analysis skills. Innovative and creative in developing solutions
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on, Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple concurrent initiatives
- Excellent organizational, vendor management, negotiation, and prioritization skills