FX Technical Test Analyst
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
FX Technical Test Analyst
This is an AVP role within BARX FX Technology team. We require a candidate with the capability of thoroughly testing complex algorithms. The BARX FX architecture has a number of hidden dependencies so the candidate needs to be detailed, analytical, mathematical, collaborative and good at problem solving. The initial testing on any complex change is likely to be exploratory in nature; this will then convert to automated testing when the functionality is close to the final solution. The candidate will therefore need to be able to define an automation strategy and script an automated regression pack using the current BARX FX AutoTest framework
· BARX FX is an eCommerce application for FX Algorithmic Pricing & Trade Capture
· The application covers multiple assets within BARX including FX Cash, FX Options, Rates Options & Money Markets
· The role is to work within the BARX FX Test & QA Team ensuring continued high quality delivery
· The team plays a critical role in ensuring the quality of software being released to production is of a very high standard
· The team takes a pragmatic approach, automating where feasible but directly testing everything else
· The team is responsible for the maintenance, and execution of both manual & automated regression tests, the latter developed using the BARX AutoTest framework
· The candidate will report into one of the BARX FX Test Managers
· Experience of testing algorithms
· Experience with detailed log file analysis for de-bugging as part of Server side testing
· Experience with test scripting with either a bespoke or off the shelf automation tool (not record & play)
· Effective and confident communicator across test/development team members, project managers, managers, support & users
· Strong knowledge of test automation methodologies
· Experience of test automation in a complex domain (does not have to be FX or Banking)
· Experience in the creation, maintenance, and execution of automated tests
· Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g. Java)
· Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, bash or sh)
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.