First VP, Agile Coach, GEB NextGen, Digital Banking Technology, Group Technology
Posting Date: 04-Oct-2020
Location: Shenton Way, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
As Agile Delivery Lead ("Capability Lead") for the NextGen GEB team, you will be at the intersection of technology, financial services, and agile delivery. The role of Capability Lead is a senior member and has responsibilities for line management, delivery of value, managing the budget etc. and helps mentor the more junior employees in the team.
• Drive the team according to scrum and lean principles, being a champion of professional and technical standards by coaching, facilitating and advising rather than by executing traditional team task management.
• Help development teams to deliver with more productivity, quality, and predictability.
• Police Kanban boards, user stories and documentation in JIRA for inconsistencies and issues, and work with the teams to resolve them.
• Ensure program scrum of scrums have sufficient inputs and are conducted on time.
• Work with tech leads on impediments that slow squads down.
• Facilitate retrospective meetings with various teams to understand the state of Agile maturity.
• Work with Product Owners and Stream leads to discuss the health of the project for current release.
• Review current release progress and plan for upcoming release demos.
• Help onboard key stakeholders into the agile way of working.
• Plan and facilitate workshops & meetings to reduce friction between development and operation teams.
• Review and update project information radiators to ensure they reflect project status.
• Maintain and continuously improve agile governance, methodologies and processes.
Support teams to become agile 'literate' and continuously climb up the agile maturity curve Job Requirements
• Familiarity with working in Agile development teams (preferably SAFe).
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• An established track record of being a team player.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and able to manage activities to establish clarity.
• Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization from Scrum team members to executives.
• Ability to facilitate, lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
• Familiarity with common agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence, and common DevOps processes and tools such as Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins.
• Experience in coaching Product Owners and Business Analysts on Product Backlog refinement (priority and requirement changes / additions).
• Experience in driving well-structured agile requirements.
• Experience in coaching common agile estimation techniques (planning poker through to time-based estimation).
• Bachelors / Diploma / Certifications in Computer Science / IT
• Recognized Certification Diploma in Agile
Related professional/technical qualification will be advantageous although not mandatory Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.