First VP, Category Manager, Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
Posting Date: 25-Mar-2020
Location: Cecil Street, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Support, define and implement category IT strategies across the Bank, working in close collaboration with IT stakeholders and business functions to deliver a structured sourcing process to optimize the value from the supply market.
- At the outset, proactively engage and integrate input from respective stakeholders to drive and optimize value generation.
- Foster effective collaboration and ensure strong communication lines with key stakeholders and colleagues in and across the countries to work towards shared business goals.
- Develop and strengthen long-term partnerships with key stakeholders. Develop key stakeholder matrix in each category to maintain regular engagement.
- Track and report savings achievements for areas in scope.
- Ensure compliance to UOB policies, standards/guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for improvement from an end-to-end perspective across Strategic Sourcing & Procurement function.
- Establish appropriate supplier relationship management for assigned suppliers.
- Degree from any recognised University or recognised establishment (Business, Finance, Engineering or accounting will be beneficial)
- Professional certifications in the field of Sourcing/Procurement/Supply Chain (e.g. CIPS, CPPM, CPM) are advantageous
Experience and Skills
Be a part of UOB Family
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in driving IT sourcing engagements and negotiating supplier contracts.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and interpersonal skills to positively influence people to make the appropriate decisions and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Performance-driven balanced with proven success of working effectively in a cross-functional team in an international environment.
- Process-oriented and possesses a strategic mindset with the ability to have a holistic view.
- Ability to deliver and articulate a presentation confidently and effectively to a wider project committee and management.
- Competent in formulating supplier negotiation strategies to address commercial and contractual (includes boilerplates and KPIs/SLAs) aspects.
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry is advantageous.
- Knowledge and familiarity of working with e-Sourcing tools and systems
- Strong project management experience
Apply now and make a difference.