First VP, Obsolescence Management, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 25-Jul-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
The IT Obsolescence Management Manager is a thought leader responsible for Obsolescence Management Process. He will drive the implementation of program and plans and monitors the progress of the by different team members. This individual must be driven and must implement continuous improvement to the program.
• Executes regional IT Obsolescence Process to meet the regional obsolescence requirements of the Bank
• Engage and collaborate with regional representatives to establish, continuously improve and keep current regional IT Obsolescence Process and Guidelines.
• Mentor and guide regional representatives to follow the agreed Obsolescence Process guidelines.
• Collaborate with regional representatives to identify, seek funding, track and report remediation.
• A professional with the ability to drive for results and the passion for excellence
• A strategic thinker who has the organizational agility to handle ambiguity and yet able to focus and set strategic direction for the team
• with the ability to look at issues from multiple angles, the candidate should be able to appreciate diverse perspectives and complexity and ambiguity in management and strategic decisions
• Possess the mental capacity and energy to sustain through difficulties and challenges; and the courage to raise issues and manage conflicts
• Ability to handle diverse and multiple projects concurrently across the region
• Able to work with multiple stakeholders and large teams
• Self directed, self motivated with the ability to take ownership for business unit goals, he/she should make sound decisions in a timely manner, use good judgment and keep initiatives moving
• Possess strong verbal and written communications skills and with effective presentation skills Job Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 10 years of IT experience of which at least 3 years as an Obsolescence Manager managing in a medium to large size organization. Compliance experience a plus.
• Track record of successfully implemented obsolescence process across regions.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong experience in developing process and guidelines
Desired soft skills include:
• Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving change.
• Demonstrate ability to proactively look for process improvement opportunities, challenge conventional practices, and adopt new methods and best practices.
• Demonstrate Leadership skills/potential along with the ability to interact and lead people in a matrixed organization - tact and diplomacy are essential attributes.
• Project Management experience - formal training beneficial.
• Strong analytical capabilities.
• Ability to work under pressure and demonstrably action orientated. Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.