G Suite System Administrator
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector
Not Applicable Specialism
IFS - Information Technology (IT) Management Level
Senior Associate Job Description & Summary
The individual in this role will be a member of the cloud collaboration services team within the firm's global IT organisation, and should posses a deep understanding of specific infrastructure and application technologies used by PwC member firms to implement and operate advanced cloud collaboration services. Individuals in this role are responsible for operating and administering specific services in support of the firm's enterprise architecture vision and applicable technical standards. These individuals also provide project support, while pursuing the goal of aligning the delivery of collaboration services across all member firms.
#LI-DNI Strategic & Technical Orientation / Job Content
Facilitates the use of market leading collaboration technologies across the network of member firms by providing administrative support services to users of the service. Possesses a deep understanding of, and an ability to apply that understanding in support of the associated technologies. Range of Impact
Works collaboratively with the service manager, technical architects, project resources, members of the deployment eam, and individuals who support enabling technologies used by the service, to implement and administer the service on behalf of sponsors and those who consume the service. Exercises due diligence when assessing operational risks and proposing technical solutions that will meet service manager expectations. Scope of Responsibilities
Provide ongoing operational and administrative support to the cloud collaboration solution. Develops and maintains technical processes, including supporting documentation, associated with the operation of specific collaboration services. Supports other members of the service delivery team, member firms who consume these services, and suppliers assisting with ongoing operations. Support implementations of technical solutions that align with the firm's technology vision. Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing L3 operational and administrative support to the cloud collaboration solution
- Develop and maintain a current understanding of the technical architecture and designs associated with the cloud collaboration services delivered, and all relevant enabling technologies
- Provide thought leadership on the administration of the specific technologies and services needed to deliver the identified services
- Define and maintain administrative processes that support existing and new collaboration services and capabilities
- Collaborate with the service manager and member firms who consume these services to ensure alignment is achieved and maintained across member firms
Role Specific Responsibilities
Examples of Specific Responsibilities
- Assume super administrator responsibilities for the global G Suite service. This includes assisting with the controlling, maintenance and monitoring of the firm's G Suite global service while meeting all legal and security requirements.
- Assist with the controlling, maintenance and monitoring of the G Suite service across all of PwC, in alignment with agreed governance procedures. All actions performed must be coordinated with other service stakeholders and carried out under the direction of the global service manager. When performing this role the approved technical design and all processes must be respected to ensure agreed quality and service levels are maintained.
- Administer G Suite - Perform Drive content ownership changes, email log searches, Drive domain whitelisting, Service account creation, Email domain whitelisting, TLS configurations, trouble ticket triage, user management and account fixes, group management, Chromebox management, OU creation, addition and verification of configurations for new domains, install approved applications and services, change service settings
- Provide Level 3 Support - Provide support for end-user issues/requests that require super admin privileges or deep technical knowledge of the solution in order to resolve issues/requests and to restore service
#LI-DNI Education Level
Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BA, BS), or equivalent experience Minimum Years of Experience
Minimum 5 years experience working with and managing enterprise systems, or relevant experience Areas of Competency
From the firm's Competencies and Responsibilities Framework:
Particular emphasis on:
- Whole Leadership - I lead myself and others to make a difference and deliver results in a responsible, authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate manner.
- Business Acumen - I bring business knowledge, innovation, and insight to create distinctive value for clients and PwC.
- Technical Capabilities - I apply a range of technical capabilities to deliver quality and value for clients and PwC.
- Global Acumen - I operate and collaborate effectively with a mindset that transcends geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Relationships - I build relationships of high value which are genuine and rooted in trust.
- Experience deploying or managing G Suite installations
- Experience operating complex global, highly available SaaS services
- Experience with ServiceNow or other ITSM systems
- An understanding of user provisioning models and approaches, related tools and directory services
- An understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Identity Manager (FIM), and LDAP directory technologies
- An understanding of G Suite directory and directory synchronisation services
- Experience with IBM Notes and Domino
- Ability to work in complex technical environments
- Ability and willingness to learn other technical aspects of operating and delivering G Suite
- Strong analytical skills when evaluating problems and potential solutions
- Strong business knowledge and operational management experience
- Self motivation and self-led
Percentage of time involving travel
- Relevant industry accreditations
- ITIL Service Management accreditation desired
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Government Clearance Required? Job Posting End Date