Group Head, Treasury and Working Capital Advisory & Solutioning - Global Transaction Services (GTS)
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 14 Nov 18
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position,
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Global Transaction Services (GTS) comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services.
In an increasingly borderless world marked by burgeoning trade flows, expertise in trade finance services is an invaluable asset. With cash the lifeblood of every
company, so too, is a good understanding of how to manage these cashflows. Trade Finance, together with Cash Management, is the mainstay of GTS, and is
extended to corporate and institutional clients, as well as SMEs for their domestic and cross-border financial transaction needs.
In Cash & Trade, you will be part of the Sales leadership team that provides seamless and cost-effective solutions to clients across Asia. By leveraging prior experience in corporate treasury, finance and / or bank product management functions, you will have every opportunity to shape the development of GTS’ relationships with top tier companies and institutions seeking to improve their treasury and working capital management practices and processes.
- Leadership of the Treasury and Working Capital Advisory function, a team of treasury and open account trade consultants who partner with client-facing GTS Sales Managers to actively engage and drive strategic Treasury and Working Capital Advisory discussions with clients, especially as it relates to clients’ business operations in Asia
- Advocates knowledge and competency on relevant treasury models and practices relating to Regional Treasury Centres, Shared Service Centres, Invoicing Centres, Trading/Finance Companies, In-House Banks, as well as to process transformation in cash management, working capital, risk management and other treasury related activities
- Develops materials/toolkits for optimal reuse/repurpose to evidence the business case for transformational initiatives to drive treasury centralisation and working capital management change and efficiency
- Leads clients in the design or re-engineering of their treasury functions and cash and liquidity management processes
- Leads clients in effecting improvements to their working capital management practices, through application of diagnostic client discovery programmes, solution design, and programme consulting
- Collaborates with GTS Sales and Product Management to structure and execute complex cash and liquidity management as well as working capital management solutions to support the treasury and finance functions within large corporates and institutions
- Partners with GTS Sales and RMs to develop strategic GTS client account plans to accelerate and deepen the level of client engagement
- Promotes Treasury and Working Capital Solutions capabilities to colleagues within the Bank and delivers targeted training to GTS Sales on contemporary treasury and working capital issues and market practices to help them sell more effectively to corporate and institutional stakeholders
- Provides feedback to Product Management teams on market and client requirements for new product design
- Speaks with external stakeholders and at public forums to provide GTS leadership on treasury centralisation and open account trade developments, including regulators, professional advisors, industry bodies/Treasury Associations, clients and relevant internal stakeholders
- Business development metrics including TWCA pipeline, solutions developed and mandated, contribution to product development roadmaps
- Client engagement metrics including client calls, client discovery workshops conducted, and stakeholder feedback
- Digitalisation of treasury and working capital management solutions
- Other metrics including sales training sessions, speaking engagements, industry awards (e.g. Adam Smith), etc
- Strong client-focus and external orientation with the ability to understand client needs, stay abreast of macro-economic and competitive factors and market opportunities
- High strategic, consultative and solution orientation with the ability to assess client needs at a relationship level, play an advisory role to the respective Sales Managers and RMs on how to approach the client
- Strong working knowledge of processes and practices pertaining to treasury management including cash management, liquidity management, risk management and treasury operations as well as exposure to the different structural models supporting cash, liquidity and risk management within large corporates including RTCs, SSCs, trading hubs, in-house banks, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of working capital management processes and practices pertaining to A/P, A/R, and Inventory management including supply chain finance, factoring, and bespoke accounts receivable purchase.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and public speaking
- Exceptional relationship management skills including strong ability to manage and effectively influence multiple stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills with great emphasis on teamwork. Able to work effectively in cross-cultural, cross-geographical teams and maximize team efforts
- High level of responsiveness and able to operate with a high degree of urgency and work in a pressurised environment
- Able to plan, and sustain a strong drive for results, balancing client and sales manager interests with commercial reality of delivering financial results for bank; able to track and follow through to drive sales results
- 15 or more years of experience in corporate treasury, corporate finance, liquidity and open account trade product management roles in leading corporates and transaction banks
- Strong understanding of the international corporate treasury, cash management and open account trade domains
- Broad knowledge of transaction banking services products; specific knowledge in Cash Management, Liquidity management and Working Capital Management
- Track record in new business development and/or client facing advisory experience
- Ability to manage workload effectively, plan/prioritise activities to manage schedules, meet deadlines, and work well under time pressure
- Strong communication and writing skills with attention to detail in reviewing and provide accurate output – for example the interpretation of tax and regulatory rules
- Comfortable in interfacing directly with both internal and external executive level counterparts
- Strong team player, not just an individual contributor
- Bachelors degree in accounting or business administration
- Proficiency in corporate and international tax
- Financial Service industry certificates/training would be an advantage.
- Strong stakeholder management is critical to the role (both internal and external -regulators and government bodies)
- Close collaboration required with IBG, GSMC and GTS Sales and Product to form close relationships with Tax, Legal and Compliance
Apply Now>We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.