Group Privacy and Data Protection, Vice President
Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Legal and Compliance Department protects BlackRock's reputation and provides customer focused advice. It understands challenges and share insight on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests and assist the business to translate Compliance into their daily work
- Have client interests at the center of everything we do
- Nurture and improve the compliance culture within BlackRock
- Provide thought leadership on the effect and implementation of regulation
- Developing and encouraging excellence within the Compliance team.
The Vice President will be a versatile teammate, display leadership skills, and be enthusiastic in addressing new challenges. This role is within the Group Privacy and Data Protection team, reporting directly to the Global Head of Privacy and Data Protection and located in Singapore.
You will be involved in global privacy initiatives, interacting on a regular basis with Legal & Compliance, Information Security, Technology, Business, and Internal Audit groups as well as with senior leadership teams. We are looking for candidates with a proven track record of providing sound and practical privacy compliance advice and must be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate and influence others. Key Responsibilities:
- Support the function in implementing relevant policies and framework.
- Provide advice on the application to business issues as the need arises
- Participate and provide subject matter expertise in firm-wide critical initiatives
- Conduct privacy impact assessments to evaluate compliance with laws, regulations, and internal standards, identify risks and share insights on mitigating actions that should be taken
- Supervise legislative and regulatory developments in this subject area
- Partner with control and oversight groups to build, maintain, test, and supervise best practices for controls
- Identify and mitigate data protection issues and risks
- 3-5 years experience, preferably operating and have hands on experience in privacy and data protection implementation experience with overall 8 to 10 years relevant experience.
- Relevant legal and/or privacy qualification desirable.
- Direct experience working in financial services is highly desired
- Experience or familiarity with conducting privacy risk assessments
- Ability to build rapport with key partners to identify privacy risks/trends and keep abreast of new products/initiatives
- Ability to handle several tasks concurrently
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
- Motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Develops solutions to problems, checking where appropriate with senior management
- Committed to thinking and acting with integrity and honesty
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.