Head, Next Generation Operating Model, T&I
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The bank's Technology & Innovation division has a well-articulated strategy aligned to technology themes, and with the creation of the new Transformation & Change group aims to transform the technology organisation and its DNA. An experienced Head of Operating Model Transformation is required to design and implement the Next Generation Operating Model for T&I, determining the future design and setting the direction for how T&I delivers Technology to the bank. In addition to the organisational and structural elements, the role also requires ownership of process optimization across T&I, harmonised with the Next Generation Operating Model. Strategy
- Lead the definition of a new operating model enabling T&I to better execute on its strategy, ensuring alignment between organizational design, processes and delivery models, and supporting the bank's drive to adopt and migrate to cloud.
- Work in partnership with Line of Business IT Teams (CIOs) to fully understand goals, demands, the mechanics and challenges of the existing operating model and collaboratively determine organizational design solutions.
- Support and partner with the T&I Strategy function and Transformation leads federated across T&I to ensure alignment and smooth transition between existing agreed and communicated strategy and future reorganisation activities.
- Understand and ensure orientation with bank strategy to anticipate future technology needs and ensure a 'future ready' operating model.
- Apply knowledge and judgement to identify opportunities for increased productivity, enhanced efficiency, reduced cost, increased accountability and higher levels of motivation across the workforce, through smart organisational design.
- Influence and engage key stakeholders, making the case for the Next Generation Operating Model for T&I
- Own and deliver the Next Generation Operating Model across T&I, collaborating with others across the T&I Transformation & Change team and partnering with CIOs to manage changes successfully.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the group operates and the impact upon Technology & Innovation
- Utilise experience and visibility across other Financial Services and Technology organizations to build on previous lessons learnt and inspire new Standard Chartered specific concepts.
- Understand and articulate the workforce and headcount implications of future operating model, process and organisational design changes.
- Build deep and robust relationships across T&I to understand, influence and co-create organisational and process solutions to enable T&I to deliver to the business more effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure strong collaboration with HR to ensure proposals meet necessary standards, policies and expectations.
- Bring experience from Management Consulting to manage the Next Generation Operating Model analysis and design activities considerately to ensure the right outcome is reached without emotion or political interference.
People and Talent
- Identify process inefficiency and process pain points across T&I, collaborate with stakeholders to prioritise deeper investigation, and determine solutions via organisational design and/or direct process redefinition.
- Manage alignment of relevant policies and procedures to the Next Generation Operating Model.
- Understand and highlight impact of the Next Generation Operating Model on pre-existing vendor relationships and collaborate with colleagues in T&I Transformation & Change group to achieve long term value from vendors aligned to new operating model principles.
- Drive to embed new processes aligned to the new operating model, collect feedback and manage lessons learnt to achieve ongoing incremental improvements.
- Understand the existing people, location, workforce and vendor strategies, alongside in-flight organisational transformation initiatives across T&I to fully understand the 'as-is' state and consider and manage the full impact of proposed changes.
- Work closely with HR to understand implications of organisational design changes on job descriptions, objectives, feedback and rewards.
- Manage definition of the Next Generation Operating Model to improve our ability to employ, engage and retain high quality people.
- Provide broad technical input across the T&I Transformation & Change team to ensure activities are compatible with technical realities of the environment.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Identify how implementation of potential operating model designs creates need for additional training and development. Work with HR and colleagues in the T&I Transformation & Change group to deliver the necessary training.
- Ensure clear communication of purpose and activities associated with designing the Next Generation Operating Model.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the roles impacted by any organisational design and/or role changes.
- Assess how governance, oversight and controls are achieved in current operating model, how this can be improved in the Next Generation Operating Model and oversee changes as required.
- Ensure alignment of Governance activities within Next Generation Operating Model and broader bank governance processes.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the goal to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- T&I Management Team
- Human Resources
- Transformation leads across T&I
- Technology Services Management Team
- Cloud Transformation Office
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country or Functional policies and procedures.
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Ability to both assess strategic priorities and to focus on detailed aspects of service delivery in order to drive effective delivery
- Proven ability to lead highly complex, global, pan-bank, multi-year improvement strategies
- Highly entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication and an unrelenting drive to deliver value
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organisation's goal. Is confident and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive success
- Able to get things done in a quick-paced environment. Be transparent and open around what doesn't work and what does
- Personal authority based on established trusted relationships and ability to provide advice and programme direction which is respected at the most senior levels of the Group
- Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and the policies, procedures and processes through which financial crime risks are addressed throughout the Group
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification
- Professional Memberships: None.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.