Head of Solution Architecture, Migration \u0026 Enterprise Transformation, ASEAN
Would you like to engage with senior business and technical leaders of companies to help them achieve extensive business value, by migrating and modernizing technology landscapes to AWS to create a platform for innovation and Enterprise Transformation? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact IT transformation projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the challenges of cloud migration projects? Do you have experience leading technical strategy across diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring a Head of Solution Architecture for Migration and Enterprise Transformation. The ideal candidate will possess a unique balance of technical depth and elite interpersonal skills to work with some of the largest Enterprise customers in all business segments, across ASEAN. We want individuals who demonstrate the ability to think strategically about business, create technical definitions around customer objectives in complex situations, develop solution strategies, motivate and mobilize resources, as well as deliver results all in one of the most complex and regulated industries undergoing rapid transformation.
In this role, you will work with and enable our enterprise account teams and customers accelerate their cloud migration journey, including understanding customer business drivers, their current datacenter architecture, help design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundation, and defining migration pathways. You will also lead a small team of Migration Solution Architects focused on enterprise migrations who help customers orchestrate an enterprise transformation. Your role will be focused on driving successful outcomes for customers, developing IP and mechanisms to build repeatable and scalable engagements, and building an effective partner ecosystem.
Ideally, you are an experienced technologist with significant migration or enterprise transformation, and may have hands on large-scale Infrastructure experience, and led and built Digital Transformation initiatives across an enterprise. A technology virtuoso who has a breadth of knowledge in application architecture and design, hands-on experience developing distributed systems, deploying scalable infrastructure, and building data solutions. You also want to help guide the broader industry towards a technology you believe in. You have immediate credibility with technologists and developers at all levels, from students to CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be leading it. If this sounds like you, we'd love to speak with you.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Engaging with C-level executives to inspire, define and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies showing thought-leadership and a 'can do' approach to enterprise migrations.
• Working as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and close deals
• Defining and executing on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within AWS (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners) to define migration pathways.
• Assessing migration feasibility, identifying dependencies and overcoming obstacles.
• Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at a customer and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration.
• Working with large scale networks, compute and storage architectures and assisting customers and other Solution Architects devise best practices.
• Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform and migration programs.
• Act as a player-coach, leading the team but also actively leading customer engagements and deals
This role is a senior role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to enable the account Solutions Architects lead transformational change in large Enterprise customers in their journey to the cloud, including leading many such engagements working along-side account teams as mentoring and coaching opportunity. Basic Qualifications
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in enterprise CIO / CTO customer-facing roles.
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
• Experience in leading datacenter or cloud migration projects.
• Prior Leadership experience in leading engineering or technical teams
• Breadth of experience across the Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; IP Networking; IT Security; Data Center Operations; Software design or development
• Breadth of expertise in private and public Cloud Computing (i.e. AWS platform), technologies and architectural best practices.
• Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform in conjunction with business requirements.
• Expert level ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO's) within a customer or partner organization.
• Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
• Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
• Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands on approach
• Travel to client locations as needed. Estimated 25% travel requirement. Preferred Qualifications
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor's degree; Masters/MBA degree.
• Experience in architecting complex use cases leveraging AWS services and multi-vendor environment technologies.
• Experience with cross platform migrations (from SPARC/AIX to Intel) and different hypervisor technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, Xen)
• Hands on experience with networking and database replication technologies
• Have an understanding of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Enterprise IT management frameworks, identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
• Experience in designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
• Familiarity with discovery and migration toolkits