- Permanent, Full time
- Funds Partnership Asia
- 22 May 19
Hedge Fund Accountant
Exciting opportunity to enter the funds industry! Our client is a leading, international fund administration firm who are expanding and looking to bring on board a bright, talented individual into their hedge fund accounting team.
The Fund Accountant is responsible for managing the accounting books of a portfolio of hedge funds.
· Daily Accounting
o Handle accounting for assigned hedge funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
o Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
· Month End Tasks
o Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned funds.
o Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation, fully supported with source documentation.
o Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
o Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
· Price Products
o Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
o Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
· Other responsibilities
o Prepare year-end audit packs
o Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
o Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
o Work with team members in Operations, Investor Services function as necessary.
· Min 1-2 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry
· University degree in finance/accounting or commensurate experience
· Strong analytical skills and business acumen
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
· Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks.
· Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
· Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS would be beneficial
· Audit/Control Minded
· Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
· Experience with Advent Geneva would be beneficial