IT Automation Specialist
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 17 Jan 18
Do you know how to work effectively with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure?
Are you motivated to continuously improve the technical environment?
We're looking for someone like that who can help us:
– Propose and implement system and process enhancements to improve operational efficiency and improve service levels on core IT platforms.
– Design and develop automations via scripting and existing automation platforms.
– Contribute to process and tooling improvements to ensure configuration compliance and consistency.
– Contribute to effort to improve infrastructure monitoring to reduce false positives, ensure full coverage and correct event routing.
– within specified architecture, define platform requirement sizing, network and controlling components, and system software
– plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out systems (hardware or software, networks, controls)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You will be working in the Global Hosted Service (GHS) Operational Engineering team in Singapore. We are responsible for improving operation efficiency and platform stability through automation, configuration compliance ("right estate") and effective monitoring ("right instrumentation"). In, addition the team is responsible for Infrastructure expansion supporting legacy environment uplift efforts. The candidate requires both hands-on technical experience and the ability to interface with stakeholders across ranks and functions.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree computer science, management information systems or professional certifications
– experience working with products supporting/building virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) in a large-scale distributed environment, preferably in the finance industry, with a strong bias towards automated deployment and operations
– technology experience in multiple infrastructure technologies, such as Windows Server 2008/2012, MS SQL, MS SCCM, MS SCOM, VMware vSphere 5.x , Citrix XenDesktop 7.x, Citrix NetScaler
– Strong PowerShell scripting with experience coding for automation. PowerShell DSC.
– Experience with either Splunk or IPsoft IPautomata would be an advantage.
– proficiency in writing technical documentation
– understanding of ITIL processes and procedures
– analytical, logical, assertive and result-oriented
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills, fluent in English
– methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.