Lead Architect - Desktop & Mobility
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Develop the 3-5 year Architecture Strategy for the Desktop & Mobility domain in collaboration with the Service Owners.
- Develop High Level Designs which align to broader End User Services Architecture strategy.
- Provide a broader set of inputs into High Level Designs, taking advantage of the range of technologies available within the Bank Technology Services domain (e.g. Cloud, Storage).
- Communicate High Level Designs to Engineering and Project teams in the Bank.
- Understand capacity and capabilities of existing platforms in the Bank and plan for growth.
- Set Architecture Principles (security, resiliency, etc.) and ensure designs within End User Services adhere to these Principles.
- Define the Voice & Video Product Roadmap and provide ongoing governance for Products within the Roadmap.
- Work with the Program Management function to understand in-flight and planned programs of work.
- Active participation in broader Bank Architecture functions, aligning to the wider Bank Architecture Principles.
- The Architecture role requires a high level of leadership skill, with the ability to influence key stakeholders in the Bank.
- Expertise in architecture and design of enterprise desktop deployments and processes especially for Windows 10
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop environments - Citrix XenDesktop VDI or Horizon VMWare View.
- Experience with Enterprise Mobile Device Management platforms (e.g. MobileIron).
- Experience with Windows 10 Enterprise features including security, Bitlocker, conditional Access,
- Experience with automated deployment methodologies
- Knowledge of software and technology infrastructure
- Knowledge on industry trends and emerging technologies in the Voice & Video domain
- Good working knowledge of Networking and Security (ability to interact with multiple teams in the Bank).
- Graduate or Post Graduate with 10+ years of experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with Desktop & Mobility technologies (architecture, design and deployment).
- Must have an advanced understanding of IT infrastructure and enterprise architectures
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple work items across teams
- Experience in working with and managing remote technical teams.
- Good presentation skills, ability to present designs and whiteboard ideas
- Address meetings and present designs to stakeholders
- Strong written skills
- Should have good knowledge on technical writing, process flow modelling, visual documentation
- Should have prior experience in preparing architecture, solution design documents
- Self-starter, able to self-manage with strong collaboration skills and able to interact effectively with others
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .