Lead , Transition State Releases
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Release Manage the overall delivery of projects (~10+ projects) in scope of the Aspire Transition State from inception to post implementation representing a budget of ~$50mio - Core Finance, Product Finance, Treasury and Regulatory reporting
- Manage a team of approximately 200 staff members through project team structures
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the release to Finance and Treasury stakeholders globally
- Responsible for the coordination and successful delivery of all end to end Downstream Testing for each Aspire Product Finance Release covering local regulatory and group regulatory submissions
- Define, optimise and manage the release projects plan and be accountable for all relevant release deliverables (~10+)
- Drive Transparency across project plans and deliverables, which facilitate surfacing Risks Issues and Dependencies and drive collaboration in mitigating the same
- Run Daily management huddles and all governance forums for the release
- Coordinate teams across the 4 major delivery organisations and ensure the success of testing and changes for the 22 downstream teams
- Collaborate with the various change teams in defining and detailing the Reconciliation and Control framework across the Aspire Transition State architecture
- Collaborate with Downstream Leads, particular those critical areas including PSGL, Capital, Liquidity and RAH to find acceptable solutions that drive the delivery agenda and meet the regulatory expectations
- Partner with T&I and Data teams to plan future release testing paying particular attention to test data requirements, test automation and optimisation as well as support for E2E batch processing
- Collaborate with wider Aspire GCFO teams to define the most optimal transition state solution Architecture taking into considerations regulatory constraints, throw-away work and ability to pursue the strategic journey
- Escalate and drive the remediation of issues and challenges faced during the DS test phases, working closely with other WS leads to assess inter-dependencies and support driving the delivery agenda collectively
- Oversee E2E Test Manager and E2E Tech PM resources to drive transparency on DS testing and ensure that progress is made against an agreed DS Testing plan - including agreeing test strategy including risk based test management and automation
- Assist with defect triage discussions that require escalation to MT level
- Ensure training and appropriate reskilling tasks are undertaken for user community in GFS and countries to ensure smooth process operation post release
- Support Change Champions with respect to DS changes that will impact Countries and ensure that CC's are provided a comprehensive view of the relevant DS deliveries
- Excellent communication skills both written and documentation with the ability to run global calls and management sessions
- Collaborative mindset to be able to bring delivery teams together constructively and actively manage conflict
People and Talent
- Ensuring adherence to Program standards (e.g. progress reporting, risks and issues, change control, configuration management, etc.) across the Work Streams
- Ensure changes to business process documentation / ARIS are made and process teams are effectively engaged in ensuring smooth operation of finance processes as a result of the release
- Build, resource and management of delivery team (~100+ indirect resources)
- Provide guidance and support to project teams to support both delivery and career development
- Establish strong relationships between the Finance and T&I Functions to encourage collaborative and transparent working
- Constructively challenge and present viable alternatives to business models, operational processes and the interpretation of relevant rules and regulations whilst continually looking to minimise regulatory risk and the ongoing cost of finance operations
- Facilitate the defining and agreeing of solutions to drive effectiveness and efficiency with representatives from key Business and Technology stakeholders.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Strong governance via senior design forums, and robust documentation and controls
- Program status management and governance via automated tooling (Confluence)
- Ensure interdependencies with other projects and programmes are managed effectively
- Consistent Risk and Issue Management
- Accountable for change delivery of all project activities related to TS3, directly managing business change teams and overseeing IT delivery
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Lead the Aspire Transition State Release management team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Head Aspire and Strategic GCFO
- Aspire Management Team
- Downstream Stakeholders
- GPO and GPM community
- Key country reps and CFOs
- Functions CIO and management team
- Risk, Compliance and ops Change delivery teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Member of Aspire Delivery committee
- Preparation of content for the Finance PSC
- Proven experience of global/regional programme & project delivery in a banking environment.
- Over 10 years in Programme delivery and leadership in an a multi-regional Investment Banking environment on large scale change programs
- Thorough understanding of Project delivery methodologies - Agile, SDLC,
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills covering both senior and operational levels
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.