Linux System Engineer
- Competitive Base & Year End Bonus
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Ingensoma Arbitrage Pte Ltd
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
As a Linux System Engineer, you’ll work on our proprietary trading system and essential infrastructure. Our objective is to automate most of our work including deployment automation, continuous integration builds, centralized configuration management, and monitoring infrastructure. To be successful you would require strong understanding of Linux systems and scripting languages such as Python and Bash along with experience in automation solutions (Cobbler, Kickstart, WDS, PXE, Salt)
Role: Linux System Engineer (Full-Time)
Job Location: Singapore
Ingensoma is a high frequency proprietary trading firm. We are a major player in derivatives trading with operations on the Korean, Hong Kong, Japan, Europe, Singapore and Australian market. We currently trade in index options, stock options, futures, equities, warrants. This is in a global framework that runs on a 24 hours basis. We have a flat management structure that encourages all employees to interact and contribute. State-of-the-art proprietary software and advanced valuation models allow us to be one of the most competitive market-makers in the major derivatives markets in Asia. With a focus on discipline and risk management, Ingensoma is able to profit from all types of market conditions. Our strategies exploit inefficiencies in the market and utilize a multitude of high frequency trading techniques that have low risk and provide high return.
As a Linux System Engineer, you’ll work on our proprietary trading system and essential infrastructure. You will be collaborating in a small group of programmers and system administrators charged with evolving our core technology platform. This role will be responsible for administrating and improving a diverse technology stack across multiple asset classes and regions. Our objective is to automate most of our work including deployment automation, continuous integration builds, centralized configuration management, and monitoring infrastructure.
This key role, operating within the IT Infrastructure group, provides the opportunity to work with a wide variety of areas within the company. From software development, system support, performance engineering and trading, we need your skills and insights everywhere in the Company.
- Maintain a robust low latency Linux trading and backend environment
- Focus on automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery so that we can deploy hardware, and software, solutions rapidly and repeatable
- Providing support for proprietary trading systems deployed across a multi-platform production environment (primarily Linux with a some Windows)
- Troubleshoot and resolve trading system production incidents resulting from internal or external factors
- Developing proprietary process automation and monitoring tools and leveraging third-party technologies as needed
- Keep pace with the latest trends in server hardware and evaluate via benchmarking methodologies
A Linux System Engineer candidate at Ingensoma Arbitrage Limited ideally meets the following profile:
- University degree, preferably in computer science or engineering, or related fields.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Linux systems and scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
- Experience with automation solutions (Cobbler, Kickstart, WDS, PXE, Salt).
- Experience using Git/Gitlabs/SVN and CI tools.
- Windows System administration experience would be a plus.
- Experience with open source monitoring tools would be beneficial (ELK).
- Development experience in any language.
- Experience with containerizations software and automation frameworks (Kubernetes) would be a plus (Docker).
- Professional experience in system administration is advantageous.
- Clear communication in English.
- Ability to reason logically and attentive to detail.
What We Offer:
- Train and work directly with experienced programmers and traders to gain an understanding on the trading flows and exposure to derivative products, software and markets.
- We offer a good monthly salary, plus an annual performance-based bonus. We reserve a fixed part of our business results for our bonus pool. The difference you make for Ingensoma Arbitrage Limited will be rewarded by a share in our profits.
Process Of Interview:
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to take online technical test followed by few rounds of interview.
- We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.