MTS 1, Software Engineer-3
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
MTS1, Software Engineer responsible for Payments software application delivery and development. Candidate should have extensive experience in the Payments domain and be conversant in defining, designing, and implementing complex, multi-tier and service oriented distributed software applications that are both time critical and high volume in nature.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Lead and advance business solutions that needs interactions between multiple, layered applications and database repositories.
- Work with other Engineers, Architects, Managers, Product Management, PMO, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Be able to independently design, code and test complex features, as well as lead project teams
- Identify, define and choose the right application framework, plus subdivide a complex application, during the design phase, into smaller, more manageable pieces to reduce project risks.
- Share release management duties on feature rollouts, and share on-call responsibilities.
- Be able to own and drive the technical domain architecture, work with cross vertical architects to execute on this vision.
- Ability to find and help fix performance, scalability, and other live issues in a very time critical environment.
- Ability to guide and mentor the team by making high-level design choices and setting technical standards, including software coding best practices.
- 8+ years of experience in software development designing and implementing scalable, fault tolerant components on the Unix platform
- Expert level skills developing object oriented, database-driven software in Java.
- Knowledge and experience in Java & C++.
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
- Strong problem solving skills and a passion for debugging complex issues.
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, Unix Shell Script etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with GIT, SVN, Continuous Integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins) & Bug Tracking (Jira) tools
- Proficiency with XML/XSL frameworks
- Proficiency with UML and OOP concepts
- Experience with using Agile/Scrum methodology for software development
- Experience as a development lead
- Working experience with Payment and e-commerce
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of work experience developing back-end systems in C++ or JAVA
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.