Manager, Product Development
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in Agile methodology
- Good experience in DevOps
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle using Agile/Waterfall models
- Good knowledge on object-oriented analysis and design
- Understanding on source control, versioning, branching etc.
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles and coding standards.
- Ability to build extensible and scalable solutions
- 6+ Years of experience in application development using Java and Advance Technologies tool.
Training, Qualifications and Certifications
- Good knowledge about design patterns and development principles, microservices architecture
- Strong hands on experience on DevOps including GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, JIRA, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker and automation test tool like JMeter, SoapUI.
- Expertise in Linux Operating System (Preferably RHEL)
- Ability to design and build smart, scalable solutions with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in quick paced, dynamic environment adapting agile methodologies
- Expertise in RDBMS solutions (Oracle, PostgreSQL) & NoSQL offerings (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
- Experience in building large scale applications using opensource and J2EE technologies.
- Good knowledge in application integration using Web Service (SOAP/REST) or Messaging using JMS.
- Strong experience on Unit testing and code coverage using JUnit/Mockito.
- Strong experience in open source frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, OpenJPA, QueryDSL, AOP & JTA Transaction Management and Apache Libraries (Camel/ActiveMQ/Commons)
- Hands-on skills in J2EE specifications like JAX-RS, JAX-WS.
- Good knowledge in dependency injections like Spring DI/Blueprints and JSON libraries like Jackson/GSON
- Hands-on knowledge in application servers/containers JBoss Fuse
- Strong experienced in policy/rule engines like Oracle Policy Automation or others
- Experience in distributed technologies e.g. Kafka, Apache MQ, RabbitMQ etc will be added advantage
- Web services, API design, Defining Specification using swagger/RAML.
- Understanding of continuous build concept and usage with maven, sonarqube or other related tools
- Strong experience and Knowledge on Data Analysis & Profiling.
- Having Knowledge in Python programming is added advantage
- Good knowledge on Banking domain and experience in CLDM Life cycle and process guidelines
- Training/qualifications and Certifications in some of the functional and/or technical domains as mentioned will be an added advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.