Operational Procurement Specialist, GTO
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
Operational Procurement Specialist, GTOKey Responsibilities
- Lead and be responsible for PR to PO operations in the team and across teams to meet the turnaround time manage customer needs and queries.
- Plan and monitor the quality of work output, reviewing request for PRPO prior to execution for appropriateness, completeness and accuracy.
- Establish any improvement opportunities relating to efficiencies, providing value to stakeholders and/or reducing non-value added process activities through review of policies, procedures and work flows.
- Provide guidance to colleagues to support the work related to procurement issues.
- Give advice to requestors concerning the acquisition of non-standard goods and services, including procurement processes and systems.
- Prepare management status reports to ensure efficient execution of procurement activities including IT Spend reports.
- Manage varying procurement related assignments.
- Foster effective collaboration and ensure strong communication lines with key stakeholders, and colleagues in and across the countries to work towards shared business goals.
- Establish appropriate supplier relationship management for assigned suppliers.
- Ensure compliance to UOB policies, and standards/guidelines.
- Degree from any recognised University or recognised establishment (Business, Finance or Information Technology Management will be beneficial).
- Professional certifications in the field of Sourcing/Procurement/Supply Chain (e.g. CIPS, CPPM, CPM) are advantageous.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in managing IT procurement operations function.
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry is advantageous.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to positively influence people to make the appropriate decisions and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Process-oriented and possesses a mindset with the ability to have a holistic view.
- Experience in SAP Procurement & Expense Management System (PEMS).
- Knowledge and familiarity of working with e-Sourcing tools and systems will be advantageous.
- Ability to work cooperatively and efficiently within a team towards corporate objectives with strong interpersonal relations.
- Ability to function effectively in a stressful working environment and deliver quality work in a given timeframe.