PCB - KYC Team Lead - AVP
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
PCB - KYC Team Lead - AVP
With client assets of around EUR 300 billion (as at September 30, 2017), Deutsche Bank's Wealth Management business is one of the largest asset managers worldwide. We offer affluent clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment solutions, as well as comprehensive advice on all aspects of Wealth Management.
As a trusted partner of wealthy individuals and entrepreneurs, family offices and foundations. We create lasting value for clients. We develop bespoke solutions for our clients around the world, for instance wealth planning across successive generations and international borders, asset management with individual risk management, loans and deposits. All this is possible thanks to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate & Investment Bank and Deutsche Asset Management.
We combine financial strength and stability with trustworthy partnership and forward-thinking in order to build sustainable and beneficial client relationships.
To lead, manage and provide effective guidance to team member and Front Office in their work processes and submissions, in terms of new client account on-boarding. The role requires the candidate to advice the Front Office in all client on-boarding document related matters and supports the Client Advisor from the beginning of the new customer adoption process from prospect through to funding of the account. In addition he/she liaises with the local AML officers concerning business-view on specific AML/KYC related topics.
In his/her function as a Team Lead and a Documentation Expert, the candidate is able to handle the daily BAU responsibilities on top of monitoring team performance and reporting on metrics. It involves close collaboration with AML, Compliance, ORM, Front Office and Legal
- Responsible for ensuring timely, complete and accurate processing of account opening (including performing all relevant controls) for individual and corporate accounts , KYC reviews and timely escalation/reporting of any discrepancies
- Review all account opening and other supporting documents required for individual and KYC information updated in the system
- Provide expert advice on documentation to Client Advisors on complex account structures
- Perform name searches in the bank approved search engines
- Liaise with KYC / AML team / COO office as appropriate for the account setup
- Monitor document deficiencies as per bank control procedures
- Training of Front office staff on legal documents and KYC related subjects
- Ensure the escalation of operational, regulatory and other risks to line manager and functional leads as appropriate; contributes to the development and implementation of mitigation or control solutions
- To enhance Client risk assessments and various MIS reports for management reporting to facilitate review in managing risk and strengthening the control procedures and processes
- To understand the Bank Global KYC/ AML Standards, Account Documentation procedures, Local Laws and Regulations and implement related control processes
- Escalation of operational, regulatory and other risks to line manager and functional leads as appropriate; contributes to the development and implementation of mitigation or control solutions
- Involved in design and implementation of strategies to ensure continuous process with the WM COO and Change functions to scope and define change projects to deliver process and performance improvement
- Diploma / Degree majoring in Banking, Accountancy or Business Administration or related discipline preferred
- Knowledgeable and experienced in operations, account documentation, risk management, Sophisticated AML/KYC knowledge and experience in banking or financial industry for at least 3-5 years
- Good knowledge in Know Your Client procedures
- Ability to develop a good knowledge of the customer base, with sensitivity to specific customer needs.
Personal Competencies or Skills
- Mature, strong analytical and problem solving ability
- A team leader who is able to multi-task effectively in a dynamic environment, appreciate diversity and follow through assignments within tight schedule
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships with all levels
- Strong customer relationship, communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong process and project management experience would be an advantage
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.