Principal Security Specialist
Would you like join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customers gain the best support experience from AWS? At AWS Enterprise Support we're looking for a talented Global Technology Practice Lead for Security domain to work with some of largest and most strategic customers. Consult them to implement security best practices during build, launch, migration and operation phase of workloads on AWS.
As the Technology Practice Lead within AWS Specialist Practice you will be responsible for bringing experience and thought leadership to help drive the vision, mission, and strategy for the domain.
Along with your aligned team, you will develop new prescribed solution offerings and the materials to support them with a broad cross-functional group of stakeholders to help define customer outcomes, use cases and their operational needs. You will help ensure technical and operational readiness of these solutions, including assets to enable the TAMs and customers, and provide APJC centric field feedback to leadership and Product Engineering teams to help shape product direction.
A Technology Practice Lead is a strategic technical position. You will call on your vast Cloud Security knowledge and customer management background to work with customer executives to understand their strategic IT goals for the domain. You will develop support strategies in order to help reach those goals, and work alongside AWS TAMs to drive them to completion. You will provide guidance on best practices for launching and migrating workloads on AWS. You will identify potential risks to workload launch plans and drive those risks to resolution.
This is a strategic technical role. We are looking for individuals who started their careers in hands-on technical roles who eventually transitioned into more strategic roles such as leading a practice for Security. If you are passionate about helping some of AWS's largest customers succeed in their cloud journey, this is the job for you.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Basic Qualifications
• 10+ years of hands-on technical experience in building complex Security Solutions.
• 10+ years in building and delivering (consulting experience) Security solutions and offerings to internet scale customers or cloud service provider. Security operations and security incidents
• Ability to adapt to the industry trends on Security domain and willingness to learn emerging technologies quickly.
• Lead the conversation on security, risk and compliance with key AWS Enterprise Support customers
• Help customers understand how they can integrate AWS security controls into their own control frameworks and recommending approaches to implement their controls on AWS.
• Direct Security Specialists, TAM across multiple engagements within each customer to drive targeted outcomes and consistent advice and outcomes
• Work with customers to resolve complex security concerns and problems and achieve security, resilience and compliance outcomes are on the AWS platform through deep dive discussions, strategic presentations/recommendations, and hands on demonstrations in the AWS environment.
• Experience leading complex technical projects or large technical organizations
• Experience engaging with executives in large organizations
• Customer-facing experience.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills. Ability and experience engaging with executives in large organizations.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field Preferred Qualifications
• Experience as Technology Practice Lead in Large scale organization.
• Experience working for a multi-national company
• Experience working with CxO level as a leader of a technology practice or organization.
• Understanding of Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban