Product Consultant (software implementation/credit)
Job Description As a Product Consultant in the Credit Assessment and Origination (CAO) Solutions Strategy and Services group, you will be participating in various software implementation projects by providing assistance to our clients for the design, configuration, and implementation of our software solutions. You should possess both functional and technical capabilities. In general, you will be expected to assist in performing project tasks such as:
- Conducting Gap Analysis and/or gathering requirements for new functionalities
- Working closely with the client and product team to design the implementation of new functionalities
- Performing customization or configuration to our software product to meet client requirement, including building integration/interfacing with other system, constructing custom behaviour of the software and data engineering.
- Configuring various financial spreading templates, rating models and workflow process-related aspects of the software utilizing Moody's proprietary or industry standard software tools
- Providing training to client on business functionality and technical administration
- Conversing with Client IT associates and Moody's subject matter experts to analyze and document issues and convey corresponding solutions
The ideal candidate should at a minimum, have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Information System (Finance or statistic related degree with coursework on IT can also be considered).
A minimum of 2 - 3 years relevant professional experience in software implementation projects (gained with banks, software firms, consulting firms or integrators) will be required; candidates with more years of experience will be considered for a more senior role.
You will be asked to demonstrate:
- Basic understanding of credit rating concepts
- Basic understanding of financial instruments - bank or insurance (e.g. loan, letter of credit, FX); exposure to credit decisioning process is also beneficial
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts and the use of balance sheets, income statements, ratio reports, etc
- Capability to participate in all phases of a software implementation project
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with business experts and IT
- Strong software development background: experience in using an advance programming language, e.g. C#/Java/C++
- Other hands-on IT skills; knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and scripting language strongly desired
- Ability to investigate and problem solve technical issues independently
- This position requires travel to our client sites (Asia Pacific region) when the Global situation allows.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.