Product Manager (Merchant Acquiring, Commercial Cards, and Network Mgmt.)
The Product Sales Sr Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Develop overall sales strategy and drive execution across the channels from activation to retention to maximise the sales and retention performance.
- Manage all sales channel performance from portfolio; acquisition and retention teams both offshore and onshore team to delver on account, portfolio and retention goals.
- Deliver on agreed financial targets.
- Successfully manage a team and incentive budget.
- Drive the engagement and completion of strategic initiatives and act as outcome owner for each of the agile strategic work streams.
- Develop sales strategies that are aligned with the banks digital focus to ensure sales volumes are consistently improving as traditional call volume decreases.
- Deliver ongoing enhancements to the sales training environments across channels to continuously increase key sales metrics.
- Effectively manage sales & retention resources to produce daily, weekly and monthly reporting to demonstrate results and identify opportunity for improvements.
- Drive analytics of trends in performance and provide insights back to stakeholders to enhance campaigns via sales channels.
- Identify and implement improvements to the end to end sales and retention processes.
- Successfully manage the governance and relationships for all internal partners and external third party vendors and training providers. Build strong working relationships with key internal stakeholdersto ensure efficient management of processes.
- Work with Regional stakeholders to leverage regional assets and best practice to deliver results for the business.
- Provide strategic planning on district level in portfolio and momentum growth on treasury products.
- Promote and advise branches on products.
- Identify and solicit new leads for sales opportunity through motivation to sales staff/subordinates.
- Discuss the development needs of each team member and take the appropriate actions to ensure staffs are able to fulfill their job requirements and realize their full potential.
- Enhance product knowledge and sales technique to branch colleagues on products by regular market updates and technical analysis.
- Manage & monitor sales and advisory activities in strict accordance with both internal and external regulatory and compliance standards.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years financial sales experience & leadership experience required
- Highly analytical with strong sense of business acumen.
- Effective as a team leader.
- Good understanding of financial market dynamics and sound financial products knowledge .
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly results driven and self motivated individual.
- Enthusiasm in achieving goals.
- Advanced interpretation and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- The incumbent will be a member of the GCB APAC Network Management, Merchant and Commercial Cards Management Team.
- The candidate will be a key point of contact to coordinate and facilitate the forward and reverse services, as well as the other agreements agreed between Citi and the buyer of acquiring business.
- The candidate will be responsible for technology governance and assist regional and country operations team to set up an operational guideline.
- Responsible for Tracking of the tech prioritization, monitoring of the tech budgets, and ensuring timely delivery as per the strategy
- Collaborate with country product owners and product managers to constantly enhance and enhance the existing product capabilities.
- Work closely with Technology and Operations team to develop the operational processes for the new features.
- Provide support for the region-wide network mandates including 8-digit bin roll-out.
- Responsible for conducting discussions with the external parties for the integration of third-party APIs with ECS+ and vice-versa.
- Support and coordinate with the periodic reporting with the country teams and other ad-hoc projects within the division.
- Responsible for the development and build-out of the Commercial Cards product, with ultra-focus on the execution of the product roadmap, including but not limited to:
- Rollout of uniform capabilities across several markets, but also capturing & building for nuances across markets.
- Leading product planning sessions.
- Managing a diverse set of stakeholders that includes business product managers, O&T business analysts, as well as external partners
- Managing project progress and ensuring that tasks are being completed by the required deadlines
- Strong project management skills along with a Deep understanding of Project workflows and milestone management
- Becoming a subject matter expert on partner capabilities & ensuring that we are bringing to market capabilities that fully maximize the partners' offerings
Competencies / Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experiences in banking, finance and technology.
- 5+ years of experience in Project and Product management in a global/regional role.
- The candidate must possess strong understanding and hands-on experience in Credit Cards and Payments.
- Must have good understanding of Schemes processing. Scheme partnership experience a big plus.
- Track Record in designing and implementing new processes and procedures. Should be able to create and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions. Able to take a concept through to execution until implementation.
- A team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate persuasively, influence stakeholders and senior management. Ability to build relationships.
- Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to the actions.
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous, proactive and able to manage multiple tasks as the same time.
- Ability to communicate well, think creatively, and execute the plan. Good attention to detail is key.
- Prior knowledge of merchant acquiring, cards schemes processing, and commercial cards processing would be a plus
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Meticulous and organized.
- Strong command in developing presentations.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Customer Service oriented.
- A persistent and "can do" business attitude
- Strong sales skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Passion and Determination to get things done.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications. High proficient in the MS power-point and Excel
- Strong Project management skills (Excellent task tracking skills, Expertise in MS project, PMP preferred)
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Postgraduate qualification preferable / MBA would be a plus
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .