Product Marketing Manager (S&P Global Platts)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
Product Marketing Manager (S&P Global Platts)
The Role: The Product Marketer will be responsible for the development of product, industry sector and solution information & messaging that will help drive the design of global & regional programs & events by other groups in Marketing. Their market, product & customer insight help provide the information to others across Sales & Marketing and enable them to deliver on their MQL and revenue targets.
The Career Opportunity: As the Product Marketer, you will produce personas, competitive intelligence, sales enablement assets, and product, sector and solution messaging as well as help identify broad market themes in support of all global and regional programs and events plus key projects including product launches, enhancements and discontinuations.
You will undertake an analytical and data-driven approach to understanding the market by identifying the target audience and matching customer needs to solution opportunities.
Essential Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Align & prioritize work based on business objectives and revenue targets.
- Create customer value propositions, based on the challenges, wants and needs of target personas in target industries to position S&P Global Platts to the market as a leading solution provider.
- Develop product and solution messaging that is simple, differentiated, and relevant to the target audience.
- Develop customer-facing assets that map company and solution capabilities to customer needs across different stages of the customer journey, working with the Demand Centre to ensure creation meets demand expectations & need.
- Work with the Product Management team to understand the product road map and the expectation on Product Marketing to support each item - launch, discontinuation, and enhancement.
- Develop cross-commodity product and solution value propositions for industry sectors, based on the challenges, wants and needs of target personas (customers and prospects) in target industries.
- Work with the Sales team to understand the need and ask for sales enablement toolkits that align with the sales methodology and map to the different stages of the sales process and tie back to programs.
- Communicate and distribute core assets and messaging to stakeholders using a repeatable framework (email, showpad, training sessions, webinars etc).
- Where possible, build out case studies working with customers to demonstrate how Platts meets market needs.
- Measure the success of assets to help build optimization and best practice.
- Work with Market Research to help build out competitor analysis tied to product, industry and solution value propositions to help Marketing & Sales with the positioning of Platts vs our competitors.
- Collaborate with Product Management & Content teams to develop broad market themes that can be used across programs & events that are relevant and will resonate with the target audience.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization, confident in dealing with multiple departments and senior management within the business.
- A strong customer-focused attitude
- Expertise in Product and Solution Marketing
- Achievement/goal-oriented, collaborative, detailed, persistent, active listener, resourceful, influencer, can-do attitude.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail, with an ability to take the initiative and deliver projects unsupervised.
- Confident to ask appropriate questions to eliciting information to interpret and synthesize information.
- Budget management
Other Required Accountabilities, Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ year's relevant experience
- Strong B to B marketing experience
- Knowledge of the commodity markets a plus
- Understanding of the buyer's journey and customer lifecycle
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.