About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Project Planning & Management - Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management - Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management & Improvement - Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team Building - Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Release Management - coordination of releases, initiating change requests, working with the partners within the Bank on preparation of the releases. Coordination/ completion of release pre-requisites in close collaboration with several teams in the Bank e.g. Cybesecurity, Compliance. Preparation of technical documentation to obtain release approvals. Resolving blockers and impediments encountered during release/ governance processes. Working closely and coordinating work of multiple Agile squads on release preparations
- Bachelor or Master degree from a reputable university (Computer Science preferred)
- Hands- on engineering experience, preferably with the following technologies/ components: Cloud, Java, Springboot, React JS
- Agile delivery experience and/ or relevant certification (PSM, SAFE etc.)
- 15+ years of relevant experience in software engineering/ delivery management space
- Experience with working and managing teams working in different delivery methodologies (Agile/ waterfall)
- Positive attitude and a problem-solving mindset
- Strong work ethics, 'servant leader' and collaborative attitude
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of Agile project management principles and practices
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Evidence of continual improvement and investment into you (i.e. training, education, secondments into new areas)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.