SVP, Head of Marketing Technology (C2MA), Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology & Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The role is responsible for growing and leading the highly skilled multi-disciplined engineering that deliver marketing technology and solution for the Consumer Banking business regionally. You will be responsible for driving technology solutions that is used to guide DBS's consumer marketing and customer communications agenda by leveraging big data and AI/machine learning. This is a key technology role to drive the aggressive agenda to create an insights-driven marketing and communications experience through 360 degree understanding of our customers using data and machine learning.
The core practice is one of Agile, leveraging cloud native architecture pattern using Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration/continuous delivery, in an on-premise or public-cloud environment, where everything is automated. The core design principle is one that promotes API-everything. Responsibilities
- Drive technology strategy, technology stack selection, implementation and R&D of marketing technology for Consumer Banking regionally to transform DBS as the most intelligent bank.
- Manage the technology team (based in Singapore and Hyderabad) responsible for developing and supporting in-house and/or vendor solutions that power marketing technology across Consumer Banking Group
- Implement modern Marketing technology solution and best practices that deliver strong business results and impact
- Partner with the Marketing and Analytics Business teams in Consumer Banking to deliver marketing technology solutions that meet the business needs
- Skilled at condensing analysis into actionable insights to inform business decisions within marketing, and influence / transform business performance
- Resource planning, recruitment and key talent development
- Drive improvements in our development practice of continuous delivery and promote cloud computing and open source solutions where applicable.
- Performs code reviews as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of marketing technology and analytics experience in a highly data-driven, analytical environment. Prover expertise and experience in marketing technology including technology selection, implementation and support for a major consumer facing company.
- Expertise in one or more 3rd party marketing solutions e.g. Adobe Analytics/Marketing Cloud, Salesforce, IBM Unica, Blueshift, Oracle etc.
- Must be able to do technology due diligence to evaluate various solutions including open source and make build vs buy vs. partner decision
- Experience working with any of the commercial distributions of Hadoop (Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, etc.). Strong technical competence to perform advanced marketing analytics: Coding skills (java or python), experience performing analysis with large datasets, analytics tools experience (Hadoop, PySpark, SAS, SQL, HIVE etc.)
- Experience with Data Integration on traditional and Hadoop environments
- Expertise in modern marketing customer data sources and services like CDP's (Customer Data Platforms), DMP's (Data Management Platforms), and ID Management, and how to leverage data for improved marketing effectiveness.
- Expertise in digital marketing reporting, analytics, and attribution methodologies including multi-touch attribution, deterministic and probabilistic attribution, and tagging methodologies for improved attribution fidelity.
- Driven major changes in technology architecture and technology team culture
- Proven leadership skills building and leading high performing organizations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- Experience in statistical techniques such as: multivariate predictive modeling, multidimensional segmentation, factor analysis, lifetime value determinations, linear and logistic regression, CHAID analysis, latent class analysis, multinomial logistic regression, survival analysis, fractional factorial test design, cluster analysis, Markov Chains, econometric time series AR, MA and ARIMA and Bayesian structural time series (BSTS) modeling etc.
- Strong ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements
- Experience in public cloud technology stacks of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure will be an added advantage
- Passionate about software engineering best practice include Agile, TDD, continuous delivery, micro services, measurement and software.
- Ability to demonstrate influencing and negotiating skills to align a number of potentially conflicting views with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sets challenging team and individual objectives and trusts people to get on with them, shares clear expectations about required performance levels, rewards success and addresses performance issues quickly and fairly, treats team members with honesty, respect and compassion. Implements HR processes where suitable.
- Challenges systems, processes and people in order to achieve business objectives
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.