SVP, Programme Director, Data Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The role is responsible for growing and leading the highly skilled multi-disciplined teams that deliver technology and analytics solution for the Bank, to drive DBS's ambition to become a data-driven bank, leveraging insights generated using AI.
This is a key technology role to drive the aggressive agenda to create the capabilities on the Enterprise Data Platform to enable DBS to provide superior client experience through hyper-personalisation and 360 degree understanding of our customers using data and machine learning as well as other use cases from a fraud, risk and compliance perspective
The platform is an integrated solution providing data ingestion, data compute, data security, data governance, data quality, data visualization and end-to-end model lifecycle, using open sourced technology. The core practice is one of Agile, leveraging cloud native architecture pattern using Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration/continuous delivery, in an on-premise or public-cloud environment, where everything is automated. Responsibilities
- Drive the build out of the capabilities on the Enterprise Data Platform roadmap. This includes the capabilities for enabling exponential leverage of data and ML, experimentation at scale, and seamless journey for model lifecycle.
- Manage and lead a cross functional team of up to 80 - 100 people to deliver the programme
- Drive prioritisation of requirements via Agile practice and be responsible for the judicious use of the alllocated Budget to deliver the capabilities that bring the most value as early as possible
- Work with myriad of partners to explore relevant solutions to complement the platform capabilities
- Work with the platform architect and engineering leads to design and implement required solutions, often times in an iterative experimentation journey with multiple proof-of-concepts
- Drive cultural transformation across the business community to embrace and adopt modern big data analytics technology, tools and best practices in delivering exponential business results. Be a cultural catalyst to influence key business stakeholders and the entire organisation.
- Understand the business needs deeply, identify gaps in tools or processes and be an advocate to fill these gaps in accelerating the adoption and transformation
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the business user community
- Develop strong relationships with key business stakeholders and decision makers to drive modern technology adoption and best practices within their teams
- Must have technical background with Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- 15+ years of total experience, and minimum of 5+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience
- Big Data and Machine Learning Solutions Architect Role preferably in financial services industry in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Reporting, Data Warehouse, Data analysis experience with BI tools, etc.
- Functional experience as integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet business needs
- Experience driving big scale greenfield programmes in an enterprise environment using the Agile approach, where ability to lead others in navigating ambiguous and complex decision making is paramount
- Strong leadership capabilities to lead a multi-disciplinary teams comprising of individuals from technology, business and partners in multiple geographies
- Must be an excellent communicator, highly organized and can manage competing priorities. Ability to work under high pressure and in ambiguity. Comfortable working independently as well as in a team
- Cultural catalyst with ability to influence key stakeholders and drive changes across large organisations
- Breadth of technical experience and expertise in Machine Learning, Big Data and related areas
- Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning tools based on Cloudera suite including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Hbase and related Hadoop ecosystem; Presto, SuperSet, Tableau or equivalent
- Equivalent Big Data and Machine Learning capabilities in the Public Clouds (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.